HR at JP Morgan Chase
Views:1578 Applications:231 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
JP Morgan Chase - Senior Associate/AVP - Relationship Manager - Commercial Banking - Front Office - APAC Region (5-7 yrs)
Functional Job Title: Relationship Manager
Corporate Job Title : Senior Associate/ AVP
Location : Bangalore
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Banking - Bangalore Branch
Department Summary :
J.P. Morgan is one of the world's largest and most prestigious financial services organisations. The firm's Commercial Banking (CB) division represents a strategically important business to the firm, delivering extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to 24,000+ clients including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion.
An opportunity exists to join the Asia Pacific (APAC) team of J.P. Morgan's Commercial Banking Group in the capacity of Relationship Manager located in Bangalore, India.
- The APAC Commercial Banking Team is responsible for the overall relationship management and credit requirements of the APAC subsidiaries of our US and European Commercial Banking clients. Leveraging the firm's capabilities to meet our client's domestic and international financial needs, the team provides dedicated client service, local market expertise and industry knowledge, combined with active coordination, domestically, regionally and internationally of J.P. Morgan's extensive product and service expertise to deliver comprehensive solutions across multiple product and service disciplines.
- Traditional Commercial Banking product and service capabilities include, but are not limited to: bilateral lending, treasury services, FX and investment banking services.
- The Commercial Banking Relationship Manager in India will provide client coverage of CB clients international subsidiaries in India and work closely with US and European origination teams (International Product Specialists - IPSs) and parent bankers) as well as Product Specialists from across the firm to identify and support the banking needs and requirements of Commercial Banking clients.
- Manage and grow a diverse portfolio of large Commercial Banking clients in India. Establish and maintain local contacts with the client's subsidiary and work closely with IPSs and parent bankers to increase wallet share of existing clients and cross sell APAC countries.
- Typical client requirements will focus on treasury services, financing, trade, risk & treasury management. Types of credit facilities include: working capital, trade finance, and FX exposure.
- Size up market opportunity, identify, solicit & develop new CB relationships by active local prospecting and execution of key deals originated from the US and Europe.
- Analyse complex financial information to structure appropriate client solutions & credit facility as well as execution of various banking transactions. Take responsibility for the renewal of all credit facilities in the client portfolio.
- Provide quality and tailored business solutions to CB clients through the partnership with different Product teams including Treasury Services, Trade Services, Investment Banking & Credit Risk Management to deliver comprehensive JPM products.
- The incumbent will manage the sales pipeline, book accurate and timely client call memos, and be responsible for preparation of proposals and presentations for existing and prospective clients
- Support the implementation of client solutions, attend to client service requests, annual reviews of facilities, credit and portfolio statistical reporting, ad hoc reporting and keep abreast of new product and relevant technology
- Ensure necessary oversight and onshore accountability to support local client on-boarding, partnering with local risk management (e.g., Compliance, Legal, Tax, etc.) and middle/back office teams as needed to support transactional, service or credit activities.
- Responsible for client due diligence to provide the necessary oversight and local accountability to new transactional or service related activities in line with JPM Chase policies and local RBI requirements covering credit documents, Compliance, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), etc.
- Promote and sustain strong engagement and mutually beneficial relationships with key internal stakeholders including US based International Product Specialists, Parent Bankers, Underwriters and Credit Committees, in addition to local and regional product and service delivery partners, Legal, Compliance, plus mid and back office support teams across the firm.
General Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant banking experience in India, with a strong command of financial services, regulatory environment, corporate banking products, debt products, cash management, trade finance & derivatives.
- Excellent client relationship management skills together with well-developed business development skills.
- Proven expertise in credit analysis, structuring and negotiating domestic and cross border credit risk transactions for clients in the corporate and/or MNC market segments.
- Proven ability to work professionally and effectively across diverse product and service capabilities.
- Excellence in oral and written communication with proven strength for personal engagement.
- Prior experience in a prospecting role with demonstrated results and a capacity to operate independently, appropriately balancing short, medium and long term objectives.
- Flexibility to co-ordinate and manage multiple transactions and processes contemporaneously ensuring delivery against deadlines, client expectations and business priorities.
- Ability to work consistently across different time zones, dealing with numerous global stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and team orientated. A clear desire and orientation to grow the business.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- MBA/Degree Qualified in Business, Finance, Accounting &/or Economics
- CA is a strong advantage