JP Morgan Chase - Risk Analyst - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (0-2 yrs)
CCBSI Risk Analyst
Description: As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgment to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group is part of Commercial Banking at JPMorgan Chase and focuses on companies typically with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. The CCBSI Credit Risk group covers non-investment grade clients within the broader CCBSI portfolio, partnering closely with Corporate Banking and Investment Banking counterparts to determine risk appetite and ongoing portfolio management.
The Credit Risk Analyst will be exposed to credit and risk management activities, as well as various corporate and investment banking products. Throughout your experience you will hone your corporate finance and credit underwriting skills to build your career in the financial services industry.
As an Analyst, you will:
- Prepare credit approval memos and credit risk analyses of clients and prospective borrowers, including in-depth financial, business and industry analysis
- Monitor borrowers' ongoing financial performance
- Identify key risk factors and mitigants
- Assess and recommend internal credit ratings
- Recommend appropriate credit structures relative to risk assessment and policy considerations
- Use financial models to assess a borrower's repayment capacity based on key value drivers and sensitized assumptions
- Lead and/or participate in client due diligence and transaction negotiations
- Attend client, bank, and other meetings to develop a thorough understanding of borrowers, management teams, and industry sectors
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. if you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- 0-2 years relevant experience; experience in financial services, accounting, or a related field is a plus
- MBA from top tier B-school or professional qualification in accountancy
- Excellent academic track record; strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Robust understanding of financial statements including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, accounting standards, accounting treatment and financial adjustments
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized and responsible; high attention-to-detail
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.