HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:5778 Applications:1188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
JP Morgan Chase - Risk Analyst - Capital Markets Risk (1-4 yrs)
Analyst - Risk - AWM - WM Capital Markets Risk
Who We Are :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
What it Means To Work Here :
- Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here
- J.P. Morgan Wealth Management (WM) provides an exceptional breadth and depth of wealth management solutions including investing, wealth structuring, lending solutions, philanthropy, and banking. J.P. Morgan's wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities Corporation (JPMS) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM). WM is part of JPMorgan Chase, a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion operating in more than 60 countries.
- The Capital Markets Risk function sits within Asset and Wealth Managements Risk Organization. It is a global team focused is on a lending value requirements, initial margin calculations, stress testing (incl. CCAR) and suitability risk. It partners with client advisory teams and product specialists to provide clients with solutions and services in a risk controlled manner to benefit clients and the firm.
- The Capital Markets Risk team has risk management expertise and product knowledge across various financial products (cash/derivatives) and asset classes including Fixed Income, FX, Equities, Credit, Commodities, Structured Products and Alternative Investments. As a global team with regional representation, the members work closely with each other to establish well-informed and consistent views for the organization.
- The Mumbai Team will be built and integrated into the Global Capital Markets Risk team with an initial focus on Lending Value Governance and requirements. This function will be expected to cover various elements including the monthly review of existing and new securities and products, impact analysis from market and product updates, reviewing and maintaining overrides.
- On an annual basis, the team will perform formal reviews of the methodologies, including backtesting and enhancement recommendations. The team will have additional responsibilities on items such as Loss Given Default (LGD) Governance Annual Review, various derivative initiatives (CVA/FVA, Wrong-Way Risk), Suitability Risk, and Counterparty Risk. As the team develops and matures, we expect this team to represent a continuum of the Capital Markets Risk team in NY, which will enable us to innovate across all our core functions, round the clock.
Responsibilities include :
- Thorough understanding of PBCMs responsibilities include global nuances in activity
- Daily support of the PBCM function in EMEA (London/Geneva, mainly) and APAC (Singapore / Hong Kong, mainly)
- Produce high-quality work with keen attention to detail in a timely manner.
- Innovating processes through automation and/or application of Machine Learning techniques
- Weekly engagement with PBCM team management in New York and attendance at global forums
- Working with technology to go over LV methodology changes/maintenance, platform transitions
- Partner with PBCM and Model Governance to draft, maintain and ensure quality control of Model Documentation including but not restricted to models, user tools and qualitative models
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, statistics, operations research, physics, chemistry, engineering, etc. CFA and/or FRM is a plus
- 3+ years (for Associate) of experience in the banking or financial services industry.
- Excellent organizational skills to see work on projects from conception to end product and ensure timely delivery.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to be able to communicate with co-workers at all levels from analyst to MD
- In-depth knowledge of the financial markets/products and market infrastructure and regulations
- Solid programming skills (R / R Shiny, preferred) as the candidate would be expected to become well-versed in it to support the team.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.