JP Morgan Chase - Quality Analyst - AML (6-8 yrs)
Quality Analyst - AML
Description : JPMorgan Chase & Co. - AML Investigations QA Analyst
Job Description :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team is part of JPMorgan's Global Risk and Compliance organization.
- The GFCC organization has over 1,900 professionals across the world. The team is responsible for developing the requirements and standards for the Firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of eight core functions, aligned with the businesses and regional teams. One of the core functions is Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigations & List Screening.
- GFCC personnel work cooperatively with the other global functions and businesses to identify, assess and quantify the level of risk associated with the firm's products, services, customers, transactions and geographic locations to develop appropriate policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, control and mitigate the associated risks.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) team is an integral part of the Controls environment within Compliance and is responsible for conducting a continuous analysis against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness and accuracy. The QA team supports the review of activities performed by several Compliance teams that support's the firm's Global AML prevention program with the primary focus on review and analysis of AML alerts reviewed by the AML Investigations teams.
- The successful candidate has strong processing and analytical skills; the ability to work independently, and is adaptable to change. In addition, the candidate needs to demonstrate banking and compliance knowledge, the ability to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of their responsibilities.
Responsibilities include :
- Perform ongoing formal testing of completed Compliance cases (which includes Global Investment Management Transfer Agents/ Unconventional clients) to ensure Global standards are met
- Collect and document data, including: alerting activity, account information, transactional data, KYC information, politically exposed person (PEP) status, adverse media as well as counterparty and any other required information to assist in the investigation
- Review and analyze large amounts of data gathered opposite Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Terrorist Financing (TF), Human Trafficking and other red flags, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type etc) and appropriately disposition by utilizing analytical skills and research results
- Review the quality of completed cases using pre-defined test scripts which are based on Compliance and Quality Assurance standards
- Question and investigate the reliability and integrity of data, the validity of conclusions and the appropriateness of assumptions made (where appropriate)
- Identify key issues, risks, trends, observations and provide reporting of results to key stakeholders
- Perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for addressing identified deficiencies or improvements to business processes
- Present findings via formalized feedback loop process, track and monitor corrections to identified critical defects
- Work with Global Partners to ensure consistency with the Global QA framework and governance approach
- Consider regulatory requirements and best practices to implement changes to process
- Effectively communicate with key points of contact to ensure the fluid sharing of information and feedback across pertinent teams
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality throughout the QA process, disclosing only pertinent information to key stakeholders
- Build & develop strong knowledge base on multiple functions within the team using cross training methodology to create synergies
- 6+ years of experience with Financial Services industry, AML/BSA, KYC, Sanctions, Compliance, Investigative or Quality Assurance background preferred
- Strong knowledge of JPMC Compliance standards, guidelines, policies and procedures and due diligence requirements
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Proven ability identifying issues/defects and recommending solutions
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and develop well-reasoned recommendations
- Demonstrated experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Forensic Accounting, Criminal Justice (focusing on financial crime) or equivalent work experience
- Strong Communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Results-oriented Team Player
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and a self-starter
- Intermediate level skills working with the MS Office suite of tools, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of MS office & MS SharePoint
About Us :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
- Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.