JP Morgan Chase - Project Planning Associate (4-9 yrs)
Project Planning Associate
Organization Description :
- Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions.
- You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
- High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of ;
1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or
2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Employer Description :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
- Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Job Description :
- As a planning associate within the Virtual migration team you will be a key resource to perform VSI host migration scheduling, planning and implementation tasks.
- The role requires experience in infrastructure projects, familiar migration prerequisites/process, good planning skills and able to interact with multiple business stakeholders and engineering resources.
- You will need knowledge on Virtualization/OS products.
- Additional skills imperative to this role include a working knowledge of MS excel and basic analytical skills.
Job responsibilities :
- Assessment & Verification of a host part of migration.
- Key Data analysis relevant to the Virtual host migration.
- Coordinate with stakeholders from various Business units for infrastructure migration.
- Manage, track and act as point of contact for scheduled virtual migrations.
- Perform change management activities.
- Escalate issues/Risks effectively as necessary to team and to leadership.
- Pre migration preparation tasks.
- Virtual Migration & deployment tasks
- Verification of correct deployment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including :
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge in product and infrastructure support.
- Ability to execute within a customer-centric environment.
- Knowledge of IT control and project management practices and experience working across large environments.
- Working knowledge in an infrastructure project management.
- Good analytical skills with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Comfortable in working with Global teams.
Nice to Have :
- Knowledge of infrastructure components like DNS, IP address, firewall/load balancer.
- Knowledge in System administration tasks within Windows and Linux & ESX OS.
- Automation and scripting to improve existing process.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.