JP Morgan Chase - Managing Director - Payments Operations/Utilities (15-25 yrs)
Managing Director - Payments Ops / Utilities - Mumbai
Job Description : Transactional Utilities for Payment Operations
Company Background :
J.P. Morgan Banking business, consisting of Investment Banking, Treasury Services and Corporate Banking, is one of the largest wholesale banking client franchises the world. We serve clients, including corporations, governments, states, municipalities, healthcare organizations, education institutions, banks and investors. Our clients operate in more than 100 countries and with the strength of our franchise, we offer a complete range of strategic banking services to help clients achieve their goals. In Banking, our approach to serving clients has always centered on doing first-class business in a first-class way.
Payments Operations (PO) is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. PO supports Payments, Liquidity, Merchant Services, Receivables, Trade Finance & some new Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm's business lines. PO consists of ~8,000 employees across 60 sites and supports over 140k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at
The Role :
This role is in the Digital and Platform Services (DPS) organization in India & part of Payments Operations.
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the overall operations for the Static data, Sanctions Screening, Manual Payments, Billing Ops, TAG & some of the other Transactional Utilities, with a possibility of further expansion. This individual will be responsible for the timely deliver & day-to-day management of business deliverables. The Role / Position will be functionally responsible for these units & will report to the Head of in Payments Operations Execution (POE). The role would involve managing a team of ~250+ individuals.
The focus of the role is on ownership, enhancement and execution of end-to-end strategy and governance across Migrations, Delivery, Training, Re-engineering, Risk & Control framework. The key impact of the role the role is through design and delivering on an efficient operating model servicing multiple regions, building and sharing best practices combined with optimal and sustainable delivery/controls framework. The individual will drive collaboration and influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and partnering with multiple work streams including Technology, Product and Client Service organizations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Operational oversight of all functional utilities and the integration of all the whole sale payments products to a payments standard for client experience and meeting all SLAs and performance metrics.
- Maintaining a strong Global network to understand the needs of, and support, all key stakeholders.
- Maintaining a strong risk and controls environment that will protect the firm and employees.
- Integration of the utilities
- Constant review and evolution of the multiple Utility systems, including replacement, upgrades, and performance to keep aligned with the Payments strategic vision.
- Support Implementations and Client Service Teams to ensure best in class client experience through the client lifecycle.
- Build a world class team that can support the team's objectives.
- Develop policies, procedures, performance objectives and standards that are aligned to meet all regulatory and controls standards.
Operations Service Delivery :
- Demonstrate complete & thorough understanding of the firm's Payments & Treasury Operations and provide strong operational leadership to ensure overall Service delivery to the clients
- Enable flawless execution, smooth new migrations, client conversions and enhance overall client experience
- Own and drive efficiency programs, transformation, system/process improvements, focused on elimination of manual touchpoints and bespoke processes
- Work seamlessly in a matrix operating model managing senior stakeholders and partners across Operations, Technology, Product and Client Services
- Understand in detail the escalation protocol & execute it seamlessly when needed
Partnership & Governance :
- Work in a matrix environment, in close partnership across various sites and business partners as well as corporate center.
- Build and leverage global and local partnerships across businesses in line with the overall product/business objectives.
- Institutionalize a strong governance framework locally in the region and across all delivery sites to ensure consistently strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing client experience
Risk & Controls :
- Build a strong Risk aware/controls focused operations and working closely with the Business Partners and Risk/Controls Managers
- Drive an effective, robust, pro-active and sustainable controls program
- Fulfill internal controls requirements as well as ensure smooth Regulatory and Internal Audits
- Constantly review processes to identify control gaps, manual touch points & work towards fixing these issues
Financial Discipline :
- Plan and Manage budgets across teams and groom teams to achieve financial discipline at all times.
People Management :
- Build a strong transparent performance management culture for staff based on meritocracy, continuous communication, timely feedback and appropriate supervisory cover
- Advance an inclusive leadership agenda by building a diverse team, coaching and mentoring potential leaders and actively engaging on the firm's agenda on diversity and inclusion
- Engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with support functions
- Build a strong succession pipeline , critical talent bench and preparing the organization with skills of the future to continue to grow and evolve with the business
- Build a team that is sustainable in the long run & possesses the skills of the future
- Build a strong culture in the team that promotes & grows DE&I values
- Position requires 24x7 support, with some work happening off-hours via remote access and mobile phone.
- Position requires heavy interaction with the Controls Team, Servicing teams, Product teams, Technology teams, and other support function teams to ensure a strong business flow across multiple functions and multiple products.
- Some regional and international travel will be required.
- Overall 15+ years of experience in similar environment, with a higher vintage and strong team management experience in similar environment.
- Experience and a strong working knowledge of various aspects of International Payment Processing Operations.
- Working/Expert Knowledge of SWIFT & international payment conventions & practices is an added benefit.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate internally & externally and at all levels.
- Experience of working / partnering with Risk, Audit and Compliance to ensure that the overall organizational objectives are met.
- Excellent written & oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships within the site and across the business.
- Ability to use creative problem solving techniques to solve business issues.
- Strong PC, project management, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.