VP Leadership Hiring at JP Morgan Chase
Views:1429 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
JP Morgan Chase - Managing Director/Head - Consumer & Community Banking Operations (20-25 yrs)
Managing Director / Operations Executive - Head of CCB Operations in the Philippines (REQ 190002395)
JPMorgan Chase & Company is a global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion, offering solutions to clients with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clients' interests first. The firm is a leader in asset management, corporate and investment banking, commercial banking and consumer & community banking. Today, the firm serves one of the largest client franchises in the world, including corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments, healthcare organizations, educational institutions and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves 61 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including banking, credit cards, auto finance, payments, mortgages, and investment advice.
Consumer & Community Banking Operations consists of the following lines of business:
- Consumer Banking serves customers at 5,100 branches in 23 states, 16,000 ATMs, online, through mobile and by phone.
- Chase Card Services offers a broad array of Chase-branded and co-branded credit cards to fit the needs of nearly all consumers and small businesses. As the #1 credit card issuer in the U.S. (based on loans outstanding), we offer customers choice, flexibility, simplicity, security and the backing of the full Chase franchise.
- Auto is a leading provider of auto financing and is one of the largest auto lenders in the U.S. It purchases auto loans and leases directly from dealers, makes auto loans directly to consumers through bank branches and chase.com, and provides commercial loans and floorplan financing to dealers.
- Merchant Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. It processed $1.2 trillion in payments in 2017.
The Operations Executive is responsible for providing strategic direction and improvement in operations delivery in the Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) operations in the Philippines. The success of the role revolves around the leader's ability to drive operational impact in the various CCB operating units in Customer Service, Fraud and Customer Protection Services, Collections and Recovery and other aligned groups. The responsibilities includes but is not limited to day to day operational delivery, planning for and creating enterprise-wide business value and leadership guidance to the 9,000-member organization. This role is the most senior leader for the function in the country and works in close coordination with US, India and Philippines leaders.
i) Enable operating groups to deliver high quality performance. Leverage best practices from within and across Lines of Business to drive solutions and performance excellence.
ii) Drive strategic efficiency and performance improvement strategies aligned to CCB enterprise program across operating groups at the location.
iii) Build and lead the Line of Business capacity planning / real estate strategy.
iv) Ensure easy and seamless operations migrations in and out of the country in partnership with the global Inter affiliate services groups. Lead LOB staff redeployment and optimization programs to ensure that we are best utilizing resources, skills and experiences.
v) Lead the resiliency agenda for the LOB in the country. Partner with the Resiliency program to ensure robust and tested recovery plans for the functional groups. Represent CCB Ops in the country SIMT and lead crisis management for the LOB.
vi) Drive the talent management and retention strategy at the location. Build and implement robust people development, succession and mobility strategies.
vii) Strengthen and sustain the operating culture at the location, ensuring alignment to the firm's Culture and Conduct program and How We Do Business principles.
viii) Provide oversight for all the CCB enabling and support teams. Stitch value driven colocation partnerships and strategies between the CCB operating and enabling groups like Training, Human Resources, Performance Consulting, Controls and Capacity Planning teams.
ix) Represent CCB Operations in the Philippines Global Service Center management committees, Governing Council and LOB Management forums in the GSC and enterprise.
Core Skill-Set & Competencies -
- Thinks and acts strategically - Uses astute judgment, makes fact-based decisions and integrates critical structures and processes into plans
- Thought leadership - Excels in written and verbal communication, creates a compelling & inspiring vision
- Drives results - Solution-oriented, deals with the facts, eliminates unnecessary bureaucracy; creates a nimble, efficient structure for managing and decision making
- Manages performance - Executes disciplined, integrated performance management and compensation processes; maintains oversight of team's activities
- Fosters a culture of open, honest and direct feedback
- Hires, trains, develops and retains talent
- Proactively takes responsibility for developing the organization, including leadership succession plans
- Assesses and addresses needs related to staff capability and staffing levels based on the capacity model.
- Holds self and managers accountable for differentiating performance in a uniform, objective way and rewarding based on merit
- Demonstrates our values - Builds a cohesive, winning environment where teamwork and diverse viewpoints are encouraged & rewarded
- Builds client / customer relationships across the firm to deliver innovative solutions
- Drives a robust risk environment - Builds an organization that ensures key regulatory and risk issues are effectively identified, escalated, and remediated
- Demonstrates leadership in improving the business control environment through reducing operational risk and proactively improving data and process controls
- Upholds the reputation of the firm at all times; exemplifies the highest standard of integrity and holds his/her team to the same standard
- Deals effectively with conflict and controversy; addresses roadblocks (individual or organizational) that impede effective teamwork
- Overall 20 years of experience with at least 12-15 years in banking / financial services industry; current and practical knowledge of consumer banking operations
- Ability to move product and process initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organization
- A strong team player and an ability to work in teams distributed across the globe, including experience in different markets and locations
- Vocal in challenging business as usual operating models and recommending innovative product / operational transformation and improvements
- Ability to map proposed solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
- Ability to work independently and professionally interact with key stakeholders at very senior levels
- Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
- Excellent analytical skills, with complementary communications and presentation skills
- Should be creative and innovative; challenges status quo; generates strategic advice/product/client solutions
- Have a track record of formulating innovative ideas and gaining buy-in from senior management in addition to a track record of execution/delivery/process improvement/leadership in a challenging environment
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
- Reports into the head of CCB Operations for the Global Service Center in India and the Philippines
- Direct/indirect manager of CCB Operations - Philippines leaders for Fraud and Customer Protection Service, Customer Service, Collections and Recovery, Vendor Operations and all other CCB operations groups except Home Lending