JP Morgan Chase - Manager/Vice President - Client Tax - CIB (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
- The Client Tax Operations Utility Department in India consists of 100+ staff and is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of tax withholding, reporting, reclaim filing and relief at source function in over 100 markets, globally.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to review tax processing reclaims for the International Tax servicing team. Incumbent should possess knowledge on working of capital market. Should have an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines and can effectively work in partnership with global teams. Should be able to liaise with internal clients, client service teams & Specialists. Accountancy and Taxation related educational qualifications are added pre-requisites.
Key responsibilities would include :
- Design risk based Operating model for the reviewer team
- Closely work with the reclaims maker team to assess hot spots and potential vulnerable areas and incorporate the same in the reviewer Operating model
- Work closely with corporate tax and Audit teams requirements for processes through extensive control and operations risk framework in line with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Build and manage a team of strong reviewers with an objective of increasing the quality and timeliness of
International tax reclaims and ensuring there are no losses through rejections and delayed submissions
- Thorough knowledge of end to end process flow, SOPs/related check points. Have a good industry knowledge of International tax reclaims processing
- Influence technology on system enhancements and ability to articulate stakeholders on various change management initiatives
- Developing and implementing tools to manage and improve Quality, Accuracy and Timeliness
- Focus on India People Strategy
- Production of various MIS reports for use by the senior management and LoB
- Ensure effective performance management of assigned Operations staff in J P Morgan India at all levels
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency & implement in a controlled manner
- Perform all work in accordance to department procedures and within productivity processing and quality standards.
Team members should have/demonstrate the following qualification/skills and attributes :
- Post graduate and preferably with accounting background / Chartered Accountant / Degree of Law
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure & deadline driven environment
- Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Problem solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Must be very detailed oriented and analytical
- Analytical with ability to quickly assess situations and resolve complex issues
Person profile :
- Client Focus demonstrates clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally
- Trust - evidences high standards of integrity and openness
- Teamwork demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team, a collaborative style, and understands the value of diversity
- Outperformance evidences the ability to exceed expectations of others
Core Competencies :
- Working with Technology - A vision for how technology can impact and enhance processes and business results. Comfortable with working on complex workflows
- Developing and Training People - Developing training strategy in partnership with stakeholders for new and existing staff members.
- Partnering - Partnering with tax, Operations, compliance and business teams globally on interpretation and implementation of new regulations which impacts the processing of tax reclaims and impacts the control environment
- Researching - Effectively address any issues that might be escalated by either internal or external customers
- Problem Solving- Regularly review the end to end process to ensure that all control gaps have been identified and appropriate action plans have been established
- Multi-tasking- Supporting the day to day management of the reviewer process Provide operational support to supply audit/compliance/regulatory with documentation/analysis.
- Innovating- Drive Process improvements and implement process changes as necessary
- Communicating - Keep informed of and ensure team members apply any changes to processes and procedures and regulatory change.
- Implementing Change - Keep informed of and apply any changes to processes and procedures and regulatory change
- Proactively looks for areas of efficiencies and leads initiatives
- Driving Leadership- Create an effective and efficient team, potentially across multiple locations, through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices.
- JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer of Disability/Veteran.
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.