Recruiting Specialist at JP Morgan Chase
Views:1181 Applications:183 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
JP Morgan Chase - Manager/Vice President - Business Analysis - Home Lending Team (10-14 yrs)
This is a leadership position and involves significant responsibility across multiple functional areas, stakeholder management and people leadership. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thought leader with the technical ability to drive process improvement across systems and platforms. This position requires working collaboratively amongst other talented team members and across the broader organization. A big part of the role is to be able to ask open-ended questions, identify issues, explore new ideas, and choose appropriate techniques for solving a given problem.
This position will lead the Home Lending Data & Analytics team in India supporting key strategic business priorities across HL Originations, Servicing and Marketing. The analytical support we provide will support Customer deepening, improving retention, competitive pricing, customer acquisition with right product and services and improving customer experience.
Key Responsibilities would include
- Lead the team to deliver concrete analytical solutions to existing/new business problems using a combination of business understanding as well as robust statistical tools; propose data-driven business strategies
- Monitor and track strategies/solutions at regular intervals and propose appropriate modifications from time to time - Work in a cross-functional, multi-geography team, effectively sharing knowledge and ideas; work with different business partners to create a collaborative work environment of learning as well as efficient execution
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to a group(s) of analytic professionals
- Take complex results and communicate them in an easily understood way, focusing on how data analytics fits into the bigger picture
- Persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings through both verbal and written communication
- Ensure a high degree of data quality and accuracy in all results and reporting
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for partnering with various levels of the organization and influencing results Strong communication skills, strong stakeholder management, coupled with the ability to be an effective team player, would be critical to this role
- Leverage a wide range of data analysis, machine learning and statistical modeling algorithms and methods to solve business problems in the area Home Lending Decision science and MIS.
- Evaluate the current operational environment and identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the HL analytics discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills throughout the development of analytical solutions (data analysis documentation, hypothesis documentation, code management, etc.).
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Effectively communicate with project team members and sponsors throughout the project lifecycle (status updates, gaps/risks, roadblocks, testing outcomes, etc.).
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Work independently and collaboratively (as needed) within the team to achieve the desired outcomes of an analytical project.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group.
- Masters in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field
- Analytics Acumen - Master's degree in relevant technical or quantitative fields (e.g., Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Operations Research, and Economics)
- Experience in analytics or consumer banking/ retail banking is a plus
- Data Analysis - Strong background and 10+ years of experience in building statistical/machine learning models involving multiple data inputs from different data sources in the area of Marketing/Customer journey /Operations/Finance. Experience in Big Data is preferred.
- Analytical Rigor: Ideal candidate would be an analytical thinker with superior data analysis skills; synthesizing information across multiple platforms, systems, and organizations
- Team Management - 6+ years of experience in leading teams with a track record of increasing responsibilities
- Communication - Ideal candidate would be able to develop and deliver concise presentations that clearly articulate challenges, actions and results for complex matters - creating clarity and a bias for action with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate would be able to crisply synthesize data into actionable insights for executive leadership
- Intellectually Curious Self Starter - Must be able to operate in a self-directed manner with little direction; must have a strong desire to take the initiative to deliver superior results
- Exceptional leadership skills with a desire to oversee the development of analysts on the team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with in time constraints in a highly regulated industry