JP Morgan Chase - Manager - Transaction Processing - Custody Middle Office (4-9 yrs)
As a Transaction Processing Manager, you will be responsible for the operational management and control of the daily workflow within Custody Middle Office - Trades Processing group.
- BAU Execution to be best in class. Publishing of weekly KPI's & KRI's and to identify and track reasons for deviation from agreed levels. Ensure follow up for all ageing items.
- End to End process responsibility and to be in control of End of day reports and critical intraday reports.
- Managing all Exceptions and handholding to closure
- Play a key role in Audit reviews and checks
- Assist in preparing and implementing Business Continuity Plans.
- Review and improve on productivity benchmarks on ongoing basis.
- Work with the management team to ensure regular communication with partner locations.
- Make performance appraisal for direct reports.
- Processes research/investigations on appropriate systems to operations
- Explains product features and benefits
- Understands how products can solve customer problems
- Create strong resiliency & backups within the team.
- Work in partnership with Local ORM team for QA Tests, MIS, Audit etc.
To continually reassess the operational risks inherent to Trade Processing taking account of changing business key deliverables, product implementations, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, staff-management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
To implement JPMC Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant compliance department. Compliance includes all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Effectively drive and manage change to achieve business goals (e.g. process improvements/changes in procedures)
- Plan to meet Business requirements and Staff expectations.
- Lead by example through service excellence and driving quality initiatives.
- Drive staff development through soft skill training, personal development plans and performance management reviews. Reward and recognize service excellence and keep high staff morale through 'R&R program' or any other initiative.
- Strike balance among task, team and individual to inspire and influence staff to bring out their best.
- Motivate and develop team members to meet business objectives - advice and guidance is given in a constructive manner and supported by appropriate evidence.
- Ensure Managers Operations are briefed and made aware of individual/department performance achievements/ targets in a timely manner.
- Develop staff to achieve business objectives and achieve individual potential, sharing knowledge and experience and providing assistance on referred issues.
- Create an environment where skills and knowledge is openly shared to achieve department and business goals.
Ensure performance management scheme is implemented in line with procedures across sections consistently.
- Review Contingency requirements on a periodic basis and invoke relevant business recovery measures as necessary. Carry out effective Operational Risk Assessment by monitoring and implementing risk mitigating plans.
- Plan for effective cross training taking into account the Global Contingency requirements, Staff progression and Operational requirements and striking a balance among them.
- Ensure 'Knowledge retention' in the section by reinforcing concepts through continuous staff training. (To address the effects of attrition)
- To smooth the impact of erratic workflows through effective capacity planning, leave management and process prioritization.
- To have a tight control on Operational losses, potential frauds through strong internal audit and staff feedback mechanisms.
- Work is organized and processed/completed within agreed timescales. Ongoing monitoring and review of workflow and priorities are in accordance with procedures.
- Process productivity and quality targets are set, monitored and achieved to ensure optimum resource utilization and achievement of business objectives.
- Procedural changes/new initiatives are reviewed, fully communicated to and implemented.
- Effective communication with peers in terms of best practice sharing to ensure that optimum use of resource is made across the sections and that a robust cross training plan is in place to multi skill operation teams.
- Re-engineer processes with the aim of streamlining operations and increase efficiencies
Audit and control
- Compliance with procedures and diary watch across the section.
MI and other business data requirements are completed accurately and supporting statistics/reports/returns are presented to business/management within agreed timescales.
- Substantial experience of the Securities Industry, and at management/supervisory level, focusing on back-office and middle-office support.
- Wide experience in Global Securities and Back-Office Operations
- Proven experience in management position with exposure to appraisals, counseling, team building and staff development.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by achievement of objectives together with a track record of development of individuals with strong organization and planning skills along with the ability to handle capacity and MI reporting
- Ability to build and maintain relations with business units and continuously give feedback by stringent follow up on service level agreements
- Evidence of strong analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends, make projections and to interpret numeric information. Evidence of strong operational decision making and be able to provide analytical support to the teams.
- Experience of successfully managing and developing a team in a previous role.
- Evidence of process management skills with an ability to initiate process improvements
- Initiate control measures by achieving resource efficiency.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well