JP Morgan Chase - Manager - Global Supplier Services (8-10 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase seeks to do business with suppliers who provide the best price, quality and capability to meet our business needs. This position requires an experienced manager who will be able to develop relationships within the CCB, CIB & AWM & other lines of business in order to enhance the Global Supplier Services agenda across the HR & Business services categories. Categories would also include Marcom, credit agencies, professional services, global security etc.
- Responsible for leading the sourcing and procurement process for third party supplier spend for various groups within a Line of Business.
- Works proactively with line of business colleagues to identify capable suppliers, lead the competitive sourcing process and negotiate and contract with the chosen suppliers.
- Support the vendor rationalization program across GSS
- Drive channel compliance across the vendor landscape of GSS, while ensuring contracted goods and services can be obtained by our employees in an efficient, cost-effective manner globally.
- Leverage firm-wide buying power and control risk to be consistent with overarching goals.
- Provide leadership and develop category source plan, data analysis & research, define current state, set category direction, develop category plan & monitor performance, implement category strategy / plan
- Own category management deliverables including; Analysis & Data Gathering - Product and service awareness study, historical spend, TPO, inputs from the LOB, market analysis, partnering with onshore team for findings and observations, with procurement operations and SRM; Supplier Management - % of gold & diverse supplier spend, segmentation, preferencing, capability analysis and rationalization; Commercials - Negotiate savings to P&L, EPD enabled spend; Contract Management - New or improved MSA & SLA terms; Compliance - ADA, Secondary Data Use Restrictions, purchasing channel
- Develop working relationships with senior executives in the HR, business services and other lines of business, understand their business drivers, and their requirements for engaging third parties
- Ensure 3rd Party vendor relationships and channel compliance are consistent with GSS strategic priorities.
- Lead the development and execution of strategies for significant sourcing transactions
- Identify qualified candidate suppliers capable of meeting JPMC requirements
- Carry out in depth supplier due diligence as required.
- Work with LOB clients and other stakeholders to define requirements for a sourcing transaction
- Design and execute the competitive process for each sourcing transaction to obtain the best overall value-added solutions from candidate suppliers
- Evaluate competitive offerings from suppliers to develop and present sourcing options that meet JPMC's business requirements
- Lead the negotiations to establish commercial terms and lead the contract development process through its approval and execution
- Maintain compliance with all policy and procedural guidelines
- Partner with global teams and clients on local, regional and global sourcing projects.
- Partner closely with internal JPMC legal, risk, third party oversight and finance teams towards the successful completion of intricate negotiations and initiatives
- Ensure all the selected vendors are compliant with SLA's (Service Level Agreements) through collaboration with our internal partners and client teams
- Conduct in depth cost and spend analysis in order develop target saves initiatives though various cost reduction means
- Promote positive working relationships by building on the different strengths of people in the team and Contribute to the achievement of team activities
- Support the development of individuals' knowledge, capabilities and skills to further the aims of GSS
- Support the personal and professional development of individuals to enhance their performance
- Develop and implement plans for the training and development of team member and other stakeholders to further the organization's capabilities in GSS
- Display effective motivational capabilities applying these within the function
- Conduct effective performance reviews and support appraisals with team members
- Support the development of effective teams by promoting positive group dynamics dealing effectively with any team conflict that may arise
- Extensive HR & business services sourcing experience specifically with global and regional 3rd party providers
- Extensive Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments/deals within defined deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels of management within the bank across all regions
- Extensive client management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Good people management skills
- Degree level education
- At least 8-10 years' experience working within the area of managing third party providers. Experience in managing commodity or spend category spend would be an advantage.
- Working experience of the Banking & Financial Services industry
- Advanced proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (especially advanced Excel) as well as Ariba
- Excellent internal client management skills.
- Proven track record of broad, strategic thinking in a Sourcing or Vendor Management type role
- Project management experience in complex initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of the key aspects of the RFI/RFP/RFQ.
- Strong understanding of legal contracts including service level agreements.
- Knowledge of IT systems and financial systems would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Contract: administration, developing, specifying goods and services, interpreting legal clauses, managing contractual risks, improvements in contracting practice
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.