JP Morgan Chase - Legal Role - APAC Markets - Corporate Center (2-7 yrs)
Job Description : Counsel, Markets Legal, Mumbai Corporate Center
Legal Department Description :
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporations lines of business and corporate staff areas.
- This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Location and Reporting Lines : The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgans Corporate Centre (MCC), reporting into the team lead for APAC Markets in the MCC who in turn is accountable to the APAC Regional Markets Practice Group (the APAC Markets PG).
Role and Responsibilities :
- The APAC Markets PG provides legal support to the APAC Markets businesses engaged in derivatives transactions across all asset classes, structured investments/financial products in the form of notes, warrants and certificates linked to multiple asset classes, cash equities, global investor services (prime brokerage and securities financing) as well as foreign exchange, commodities, futures, and derivatives clearing and intermediation.
- An APAC Markets Legal team in the MCC (Markets MCC team) has been formed which is an integral part of the APAC Markets PG, working closely and interacting with APAC Markets PG lawyers in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
The successful candidate will be a member in the Markets MCC team (Markets MCC team member) and will be responsible for :
- The Markets MCC teams provision of legal transactional support to the APAC Markets businesses based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures, including : review and support of wholesale financial transactional documentation including credit, trading, TOBs, prime brokerage, derivatives and regulatory driven documentation;
- Review of constitutional documents, to ensure that all the requisite corporate consents and capacity and authority requirements are in place prior to finalization of agreements and subsequent commencement of business or trading;
- Providing support on global documentation or remediation projects;
- Providing gap analysis and summary of transaction and client specific deviations in negotiated agreements from standardized templates or against playbooks and policy manuals to identify discrepancies, escalation mechanisms and managing remediation exercises;
- Entering and managing data from standardized or negotiated agreements into internal systems and assisting in the maintenance of databases relating to firm-wide initiatives; and
drafting, reviewing and finalizing documentation including notices, consents, MOUs, LOIs and RFPs, etc. in accordance with existing templates.
Qualifications and Experience :
- A minimum of 2-7 years PQE in professional practice and/or in in-house experience covering Markets related work in a comparable financial institution;
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to interact with senior business personnel and stakeholders in other functions;
- Self-directed and highly motivated attitude coupled with an ability to work collaboratively in a high performing team;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at a local, regional and global level and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals;
- Competency in the use of technology, documentation management systems and shared databases will be viewed favorably;
- Ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately;
- Comfortable working to metrics and data measurement systems; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
Please note :
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST :
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Qualifications : JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well