VP Leadership Hiring at JP Morgan Chase
Views:5583 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
JP Morgan Chase - Executive Director - Global Trade Operations - CIB (15-20 yrs)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
- This candidate would function as the Bengaluru lead for Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Trade Finance Operations covering around 100+ member teams.
- The candidate will have functional responsibility CIB Trade Operations for Bengaluru. Working in close partnership with the Mumbai/ Bangalore teams as well as the global business partners, the role will focus on working towards building a strong Center of Excellence across key functions in the India region. The candidate would require building overall end-to-end strategy and governance across Migrations, Delivery, Training, Re-engineering, Risk & Control framework, in support of CIB Operations providing a wide range of Trade finance services for all global clients.
- The candidate will be required to drive building and sharing best practices combined with optimal and sustainable delivery/controls framework. The candidate is also expected to provide broad based leadership by partnering with multiple work streams including technology & sales.
Service Delivery & Client Focus:
- The candidate will have functional responsibilities to manage overall Service delivery, flawless execution, smooth new migrations and enhancing overall client experience across each of these verticals. The functional responsibilities will require the candidate to work in a matrix operating model and work in close partnership across sites in India as well as with the global sites.
Operational Excellence & Innovation:
- The candidate will be required to drive innovative solutions for efficient operations and prioritize key technology enhancements across various processes that will support productivity and controls enhancement Additionally, he/ she will have to identify project opportunities which will lead to significant business impact leading to Financial saves, development of COE's, best practice pilots, enhance impactful delivery, reduce both manual effort and risk. He/ she will also be required to manage impact of expenses and facilitate ways to reduce them to support business growth in a cost-effective manner. The candidate should convert knowledge of industry, business into a competitive advantage.
- Drive strong focus on building synergies across verticals and further enhancing the set-up of various Centers of Excellence. Determine appropriate utilities that can be built and leveraged across the region, through optimal utilization of like-functions across CIB Operations. The job would involve designing appropriate Operating models across functional verticals and for the Bangalore site across various CIB functions to ensure strong management coverage and oversight, resiliency, management bandwidth with right span of control.
- The role will involve building a strong transparent culture for staff based on meritocracy; advance the inclusive leadership agenda through diversity, training, performance management, networking, redeployment, job mobility, mentoring, etc. The candidate would be required to engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with HR & Training teams.
- The role involves monitoring key HR issues around hiring, engagement, training, attrition, overtime etc. that may have an impact to business and build a framework which will help to do a pro-active monitoring / highlight early warning signals around any staff impact
Partnership & Governance:
- The candidate will work in a matrix environment and in close partnership across various sites and business partners. He/ she will be responsible for managing new migrations and build and leverage partnerships across businesses locally as well as with global business partners in line with the overall product/business objectives. The role involves institutionalizing a strong governance framework locally in the region and across all delivery sites to ensure strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing client experience.
Risk & Controls:
- The candidate will be responsible for building a strong Risk aware/controls focused operations and working closely with the Business Partners and Risk/Controls Managers in driving/implementing an effective, robust, pro-active and sustainable controls program to pro-actively manage risks to the business.
Expertise needed in :
- Change management
- Negotiating skills
- Planning and budgeting
- Risk management
- Resource management
- Issue resolution
- Strategic planning
- Business processes and procedures
- Industry knowledge
- Business' strategic direction
- Local market knowledge
- Multiple LOBs/functions
Key Skill Requirements Include:
- Strong relationship management skills to interface with various stakeholders
- MBA with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Detail oriented individual capable of completing reporting and analytics accurately, on a timely basis, and in a presentable manner
- Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Advanced systems skills required including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Tableau & PitchPro desirable
- Knowledge of Inter Affiliate Services requirements & Charters desirable
- Proven Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team situation
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task
- Self-motivated individual to go beyond immediate responsibilities