JP Morgan Chase - Executive Director - Asset Servicing - AWM Operations (15-20 yrs)
Executive Director - Asset Servicing - AWM Ops - Bangalore
Description: Wealth Management Operations, Investment Products - Asset Servicing, Executive Director
- JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
- J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
- The Investments Product Assets Servicing Executive Director would function as the Philippines and India lead covering around 40+ member teams, based out of India. The candidate will have functional responsibility of the Mumbai, Bengaluru and Manila teams and will be required to work in close partnership with the global business partners. The scope primarily includes Trading Middle Office, Global Assets servicing teams within Wealth Management Operations.
- The candidate will need to develop an E2E understanding of product flows for Income, Corporate Actions and Settlements cutting across FX, OTC Derivatives, Structured Products, Equity, Fixed Income, Syndicates and Listed Options, from trade execution to all the way through maturity/expiration and is responsible for monitoring and helping with trade booking, book building, fails, one offs, regulatory requests, reference data, etc.
- This role will work with internal partners throughout the Private Bank, JPMorgan Securities, Corporate & Investment Bank, and external 3rd parties to ensure accurate transaction processing, timely response to inquiries, and to resolve issues as they arise. There will be a heightened level of project management responsibilities to keep pace with an aggressive agenda. This role requires a willingness to take on a challenging and complex suite of products and an ability to learn quickly in a high volume and constantly changing environment. Strong communication skills are a necessity due to heavy interaction with front office and product desk personnel.
- Work with Front Office Product Desks, Investors, Financial Advisors, and Client Service on trades in respective asset classes. Interface with Operations on trade booking, fail management, exception processing, and ad hoc queries. Coordinate with different functional areas including Technology, Front Office Product Desks, Supervisory Management, Compliance, and Settlements to implement process, system, and product changes. Act as middle office stakeholder for business, control, and regulatory implementation agendas. Consistent focus on improving functional efficiency and control of daily tasks. Lead various projects related to Middle Office, administration & operations.
- Hedge Fund/Private Equity Support includes responsibility for security setup and reference data maintenance, trade support, pricing, reconciliations, corporate actions, and client communications for Hedge Funds, Private Equities, Real Estate funds and Exchange Funds. Trade Order Management involves reviewing client docs for Commitments, Subscriptions, Transfers and Corporate Actions. Client Fulfillment involves delivering marketing materials and ongoing communications to clients both physically and electronically.
Service Delivery & Client Focus : The candidate will have functional responsibilities to manage overall Service delivery, flawless execution, smooth new migrations and enhancing overall client experience across each of these verticals. The functional responsibilities will require the candidate to work in a matrix operating model and work in close partnership across sites in India, Philippines as well as with the global sites.
Operational Excellence & Innovation: The candidate will be required to drive innovative solutions for efficient operations and prioritize key technology enhancements across various processes that will support productivity and controls enhancement Additionally, he/ she will have to identify project opportunities which will lead to significant business impact leading to Financial saves, development of COE's, best practice pilots, enhance impactful delivery, reduce both manual effort and risk. He/ she will also be required to manage impact of expenses and facilitate ways to reduce them to support business growth in a cost-effective manner. The candidate should convert knowledge of industry, business into a competitive advantage.
Operating Model: Drive strong focus on building synergies across verticals and further enhancing the set-up of various Centers of Excellence. Determine appropriate utilities that can be built and leveraged across the region, through optimal utilization of like functions across AWM Operations. The job would involve designing appropriate Operating models across functional verticals and for the Bangalore site across various AWM functions to ensure strong management coverage and oversight, resiliency, management bandwidth with right span of control.
People Management: The role will involve building a strong transparent culture for staff based on meritocracy; advance the inclusive leadership agenda through diversity, training, performance management, networking, redeployment, job mobility, mentoring, etc. The candidate would be required to engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with HR & Training teams. The role involves monitoring key HR issues around hiring, engagement, training, attrition, overtime etc. that may have an impact to business and build a framework which will help to do a pro-active monitoring / highlight early warning signals around any staff impact
Partnership & Governance: The candidate will work in a matrix environment and in close partnership across various sites and business partners. He/ she will be responsible for managing new migrations and build and leverage partnerships across businesses locally as well as with global business partners in line with the overall product/business objectives. The role involves institutionalizing a strong governance framework locally in the region and across all delivery sites to ensure strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing client experience.
Risk & Controls: The candidate will be responsible for building a strong Risk aware/controls focused operation and working closely with the Business Partners and Risk/Controls Managers in driving/implementing an effective, robust, pro-active and sustainable controls program to pro-actively manage risks to the business.
Expertise needed in :
- Change management
- Negotiating skills
- Planning and budgeting
- Risk management
- Resource management
- Issue resolution
- Strategic planning
- Business processes and procedures
- Industry knowledge
- Business' strategic direction
- Local market knowledge
- Multiple LOBs/functions
Key Skill Requirements Include:
- MBA with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with a global bank's process & operational environment including management and external reporting is a must. Strong business knowledge i.e., Investment Banking, including OTC product, process and system knowledge.
- Deal with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects / initiatives
- Ensuring the team's activities support Operations in attaining its strategic goals
- Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to know when a deep-dive approach is appropriate
- Ability to drive results through a \"hands-on\" approach
- Skilled in identifying talent, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and developing team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own and team's work to achieve them
- Must be highly analytical with experience using objective data to drive strategic recommendations
- Candidate must be able to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
- Ability to partner with demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations while developing strong working relationships with them
- Previous experience with regulatory influences (e.g., FINRA and SEC)
- Knowledge of trade execution, reconciliation, settlement, asset servicing - E2E trade lifecycle
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.