JP Morgan Chase - Data Quality Center of Excellence - DPS (6-12 yrs)
The Data Quality (DQ) Center of Excellence (CoE) defines strategy and best practices for the Firmwide Data Management (FDM) Preventative and Proactive Data Quality (DQ) programs. Our mission is to deliver strategy, best practices, and counsel to our Center of Excellence community who is tasked with evaluating the firm's data for quality in alignment with the firm's Data Governance policies.
The DQ CoE Team engages with Business stakeholders to help identify DQ Requirements, manage DQ projects, and develop DQ Rules and perform analysis on DQ Exceptions.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among your core principles then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
JPMorgan's Firmwide Data Management organization was created to drive the Firmwide policies and set standards for data management including data quality, ownership, controls and information lifecycle management, through the Firmwide Data Management Program.
This high-energy individual will help implement strategies and governance processes to validate data for quality and usage, including adoption of methodologies for developing data quality rules and reporting and managing data quality exceptions. This individual will be able to collaborate across business functions to comprehend business and technical requirements to evolve this strategy and evaluate tools to advance data quality capabilities. The candidate will be proficient at interpreting business use cases into technical data-centric requirements and coach peers to adopt best practices in data quality drive development and usage. The role will require close connection with the firmwide Chief Data Office (CDO) and technology organizations across the firm.
- Help execute and manage the firmwide data governance vision and strategy as it pertains to data profiling and data quality capabilities
- Manage a team of data quality strategists including delivery and performance objectives, and development goals.
- Project manage the delivery of strategic initiatives to evaluate and implement data quality best practices and governance.
- Evaluate internal and external tool landscape and lead proofs of concept on data governance and data quality tools
- Direct growth and maintenance of a knowledge base of best practices, guidelines, standards and training for the DQ community to enable and accelerate their DQ initiatives.
- Provide oversight and socialization of business process models and workflows for Data Quality
- Manage user stories from the Data Quality community and develop business requirements to build strategic Data Quality capabilities.
- Help build a repository of DQ Rule definitions and governance methodology.
- Manage requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation, manage stakeholder expectations, and pursue stakeholder sign-off.
- Manage End to End Test management involving strategy, plan & test cases, scripting, defect & gap analysis, etc.
- Oversee escalated Risks, Assumptions and Issues management
- Oversee overall test completion report summarizing test progress, execution and results
- Adhere to bank's internal processes (configuration management, change control, access to data & systems, etc.)
- Actively seek and apply Process Improvements across the project.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience (8+ years)
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Governance organization
- 6+ years of Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
- 6+ years of Data Profiling, and DQ Rule Development or DQ Analysis.
- Excellent prioritization, planning, organization and time management skills.
- Understanding of Application Development principles, Software Development lifecycle, and Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute agreed plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to structure communication to various reporting levels (analyst to senior management) and audiences (Technology, Operations, Finance).
- Ability to quickly understand a complex matrix of systems across infrastructure, interdependencies and relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable at interacting with and communicating to all levels of Management, and able to influence diverse stakeholder groups.
- Quick learner (technical knowledge, systems, and business acumen).
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines.
- Prior experience managing a small team is highly desirable.
- Prior Experience working with Data Profiling or Data Quality Rules and Monitoring tools like Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Informatica PowerCenter, Ab Initio Data Quality Environment (DQE), Alteryx, or other similar data quality and profiling tools.
- Project Management, Business Analysis, and SDLC skills are highly desirable.
- Experience with Application Development, Information Architecture, SQL and Data Modelling (Erwin and/or MagicDraw) are advantageous.
- Experience on Python, QlikView, Tableau is advantageous.
- Must be able to manage people, performance objectives, provide feedback and guide others.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.