JP Morgan Chase - Data Management Associate - Chief Data Office (8-16 yrs)
With exponential year-over-year growth of data generated, strong Data Governance, including Data Quality, is critical to ensure clean, fit-for-purpose data. The CIB Chief Data Office (CDO) is responsible for defining and implementing the Firmwide Data Management strategy to create an industry-leading data environment.
The program scope continues to evolve and encompasses cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (such as reference, market and transaction). CIB CDO offers a unique perspective into the role of data in the financial industry, partnering with a variety of stakeholders across sub-LOBs, Corporate Functions and the Firmwide Data Management organization.
The successful candidate will join a team focused on delivering business impact through transformation of Data Quality management. The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB, other LOBs and Corporate Functions to ensure fit-for-purpose data, looking to leverage best practice across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity for the selected candidate to join a high-profile team at JPMorgan Chase and take a partnership role, supporting one of the Bank's most significant change programs.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong understanding of data governance, data quality, data lineage and metadata management concepts
- Discover and document data-lineage to trace the end-to-end data journey from point of creation to consumption
+ Carve out the scope of activity by understanding the key regulatory or business drivers for the project
+ Lead cross functional working groups to gather technology and business view of lineage
+ Document agreed lineage aligned to the data catalog definitions and set up processes to keep the lineage documentation evergreen
+ Chair governance meetings to communicate progress and outcome of lineage analysis to senior stakeholders through metrics and infographics
- Provide data quality advisory services on specific high-profile data issues/initiatives through focused project management and deep business analysis
+ Understand key requirements from the business and build project strategy for optimal results
+ Translate large amounts of analysis output into high level takeaways for senior management, with the goal to tell a story that will resonate with them
+ Influence senior management to secure buy-in for project activities and next steps
- Implement and support Data Quality (DQ) practices across the CIB:
+ Leverage data lineage documentation to trace data flows associated with issues
+ Build strong partnerships across CIB sub-LOBs and corporate functions to support data quality efforts
+ Accelerate data quality issue level root cause analysis and resolution through effective program governance, process mapping and data deep-dives
+ Query data-marts/data-stores to extract knowledge and actionable insights to identify root cause of issues
+ Discuss and agree technical resolutions with technology teams to remediate DQ issues
- Review documents such as functional specifications, technical design documents and data mapping specifications for lineage discovery and data analysis
- Set up data profiling and DQ rules leveraging DQ tools like Collibra, Informatica and other emerging tools
- Leverage productivity tools such as Alteryx and visualization tools such as Tableau/Qlikview to analyze large dataset to draw inferences
- Provide leadership and management oversight to junior team members working on data initiatives
- 8+ years' experience in Financial Services (Experience in CIB and CDO/Data Quality organization preferred)
- Preferred background in Data analytics/Project Management/ Business Analysis skills
- Experience in querying database/data stores for data analysis. Exposure to Hadoop datastores will be an advantage
- Deep experience in Data quality, Data lineage and Metadata management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to tools/technologies such as Alteryx/Tableau/Qlikview/Python/Informatica/Collibra
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large data sets in Excel (pivots, formulas, charts, etc.)
- Experience in producing PowerPoint presentations for senior audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills - candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across Corporate/Firmwide, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Operations and Technology teams
- Effective change management skills - ability to support & adapt within a changing environment
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Deep understanding of project management lifecycle and Technology SDLC (software development lifecycle)
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Job Type - PERMANENT, FULLTIME
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.