JP Morgan Chase - Compliance Manager - QA India Surveillance (12-17 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Quality Assurance ("QA") Team is an integral part of the controls environment within Compliance and is responsible for conducting a continuous testing program against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy.
The position is part of the firm's overall Production and Oversight team within Compliance and will be based in Hyderabad. The successful candidate needs to have strong processing and analytical skills; the ability to work independently and is adaptable to change. In addition, the candidate needs to demonstrate extensive banking and compliance knowledge in working Surveillance / Disclosure of Interest / Personal Account Dealing related issues, the ability to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of their responsibilities.
In particular, the Quality Assurance Team (QA) will perform targeted reviews; summarize results, and present to stakeholders. The QA will be expected to determine gaps in process and procedure; question integrity of data and adherence to processing and servicing standards, policies and procedures. The QA will be accountable for analyzing issues, improving business processes and providing recommendations for improvements. In addition the QA team reviews, on a sampling basis, cross-team testing across corporate and transaction streams.
- Manage a team which ensures independent review on closed alerts (Quality Assurance)
- Provide oversight and consultation on potential issues that arise with compliance management, risk, compliance and products as necessary
- Ensure current practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations to maintain an effective control environment
- Cross training across all QA streams will be expected
- Validate and review controls in light of key business projects, business changes and operational events such as Migrations, On-boarding/Off-boarding and System Implementations
- Face off with and ensure that internal and external audit issues are documented and dispositioned.
- Facilitate end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business unit
- Critically evaluate and clearly describe issues, assess root causes, document them, and work with business partners to present them in discovery meetings
- Interpretation of Surveillance / Disclosure of Interest / Personal Account Dealing Risk Standards Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Provide mentorship and support to Quality Assurance streams as necessary
- Develop methods for team effectiveness; question and investigate the reliability and integrity of data, the validity of conclusions, and the appropriateness of assumptions made.
- Identify key issues, cause and effect relationships, and gaps in the process that impact quality, accuracy, and/or compliance. Report results to management.
- Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department
- Engage in strategic initiatives as required by the QA + RAO APAC management team
- Make decisions based on audit principles, risk management practices, verifiable data, professional standards, internal policy and governmental guidelines.
- Consider regulatory requirements, departmental resources, and team's goals and objectives to identify alternatives that are practical and appropriate, in addition to effective.
- Make decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
- Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
- Be flexible to multi task and effectively manage priorities across the wider function
- Selection, performance management, and overall development of employees within their assigned team
- Develop excellent relationships with the other Compliance teams and Quality Assurance teams globally
- Participate or lead other aligned initiatives as necessary
- Pave the way for continuous improvement and serves as a change agent
- Strong controls mindset, Escalate control issues to management
- Interface with internal Audit as appropriate
- 12+ years experience in compliance or related position
- 7 years of lead/management experience
- Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Strong problem solving ability coupled with the ability make decisions autonomously
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
- Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcome
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution and broker the solution to applicable key managers
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team, ideally has experience with leading a new team.
- Surveillance/Personal Account Dealing / Disclosure of Interest or Compliance experience mandatory
- Self-reliance and willingness to \"own\" problems and creatively find solutions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
- Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Control mindset which is evident by adherence to controls and standards
- Familiarity with the firm's internal systems and processes is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well