Recruiting Specialist at JP Morgan Chase
Views:1640 Applications:285 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan Chase - Business Analyst - Home Lending Team (3-8 yrs)
This position is a critical member of the Home Lending Data & Analytics team supporting key strategic business priorities across HL Originations, Servicing and Marketing. The analytical support we provide will support Customer deepening, improving retention, competitive pricing, customer acquisition with right product and services and improving customer experience.
- Leverage a wide range of data analysis, machine learning and statistical modeling algorithms and methods to solve business problems in the area Home Lending Decision science and MIS.
- Evaluate the current operational environment and identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the HL analytics discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills throughout the development of analytical solutions (data analysis documentation, hypothesis documentation, code management, etc.).
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Effectively communicate with project team members and sponsors throughout the project lifecycle (status updates, gaps/risks, roadblocks, testing outcomes, etc.).
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Work independently and collaboratively (as needed) within the team to achieve the desired outcomes of an analytical project.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group.
- B.S or M.S. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field
Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3+ years- experience using analytics skills to support business strategies. Preferred experience in predictive models, forecasting models and/or machine learning algorithms in a large-scale, corporate environment with 4+ years in financial services/Risk
- Must have with 3+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to code complex programs in SQL. Experience with Hadoop platform preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience working with production-type applications and full knowledge of the code development lifecycle (Dev, Test, Prod)
- Must have demonstrated experience in large scale data environments and the ability to work efficiently with very large datasets
- Proven ability to strategically manage complex, highly-visible analytical projects from concept through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all facets of the analytical project lifecycle (data exploration, hypothesis testing, code development, testing/validation, model deployment, etc.)
Superior Analytical Skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Has an - engineering mindset-
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to delegate/collaborate with others
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual analytical and technical architecture
- Passion for continuous learning and professional development
- Deep curiosity, creativity, and imagination
Strong business acumen
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Ability to partner closely with team members and business sponsors to clearly define the requirements of proposed solutions
- Ability to translate technical details, observations and results into business language
- Proven effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively navigate an occasionally ambiguous, semi-structured work environment
- Ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments