JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Risk/Markets/Quantitative Research - Equity - CIB (1-5 yrs)
J.P. Morgan's Global Quants Group in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm's global quants teams around the world. It is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. It provides in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Deeply integrated with our Investment Banking business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insight.
Modelling team is an expert quantitative modeling group for derivatives and structured products for all asset classes in J.P. Morgan. QR Modelling, Mumbai team is an extension of the global Front Office Quant Modelling group. The Quant Modelling team has the responsibility of developing and maintaining financial models for the pricing and risk management of all the derivatives and structured financial products that various desks of the bank trade and manage.
This position is a Quant Modelling role to carry out the modelling work from Mumbai in sync with other locations like Hong Kong, London and New York. Initially the focus would be Equity Asset class but can be enhanced to other asset classes in due course.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop, implement, enhance, maintain, review, test and document models for pricing and risk management
- Make models SR 11-7 compliant which a regulatory guideline for US banks for Model Risk Management. This requires extensive model testing, model documentation to appropriate standards, getting model reviewed by model review and control groups, model development, model enhancement and model maintenance.
- Work closely with internal and external model review groups
- PHD, Masters, Graduates in Mathematics/Engineering/Physics/Statistics or any other numerate discipline
- Knowledge of financial mathematics, stochastic calculus, and structured products.
- Hands on programming knowledge - C/C++/C# etc. Knowledge of python is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The level (analyst/associate/VP) would depend on relevant experience and knowledge
- Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable.
J.P. Morgan's Global Quants Group provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the Quants Group and in the Firm's global network.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.