JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Quantitative/Market Risk - Asset & Wealth Management (1-5 yrs)
JP Morgan Asset Management (AM) is hiring a Quantitative Risk professional to join the Asset Management Risk Analytics (AMRA) team. AMRA is a small team of experienced quantitative and market risk oriented professionals responsible for Newton, the AM Independent Risk system. Newton calculates risk across the Global Equity, Global Fixed Income and Multi-Asset LOBs within AM, and is used by the AM Investment and Counterparty Risk Managers, and the front-office.
The individual will:
- Assist in the research and enhancement of the risk methodology for Newton. The methodology covers sensitivity, stress, VaR and factor modeling, for both investment (market) and counterparty (credit) risk.
- Provide risk analysis to AM Risk Managers and LOB users of Newton at both the portfolio level and security level by determining the qualitative and quantitative factors driving change in risks and exposures.
- Assist with performance testing on the risk pricing models, including monthly VaR backtesting and model calibration checks.
The candidate must:
- Be highly quantitative, technically proficient, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work independently; understand financial mathematics and quantitative techniques used to measure risk at the security and portfolio levels
- Have a good understanding of the equity and fixed income (rates and credit) products and markets, as well as related derivatives and structured/securitized products
- Have experience pricing and evaluating risk on securities, derivatives and structured/securitized products using appropriate models
- Possess in-depth knowledge of asset pricing models, VaR models and stress testing techniques; experience with VaR backtesting techniques and model performance testing a plus
- Experience with RiskMetrics is a plus
- Have 1-5 years of experience in a quantitative analysis/research role within Market/Credit Risk Management, a Front Office role or academic equivalent.
- Quantitative degree required in Math, Engineering, Physics or equivalent
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.