JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Market Risk/Stress Testing - Corporate & Investment Bank (0-1 yrs)
Risk - Corporate & Investment Bank - Market Risk Stress Testing - Associate
Job Description :
Key Responsibilities :
- Help lead the quarterly CCAR regulatory submission end-to-end life cycle, including but not limited to result validation / consolidation, issue resolution, implementation of regulatory instruction changes and application of Firmwide methodology changes.
- Participate in strategic technology initiatives for ongoing improvements to stress testing processes, partnering closely with Coverage and Technology teams.
- Ensure consistency and continuity of stress testing methodology across lines of business.
- Push for continuous improvement of the weekly stress testing process, working with Coverage, Middle Office and Technology teams to resolve recurring issues, escalating when necessary.
- Identify areas for stress testing process improvement by monitoring accuracy and timeliness metrics; track and communicate trend over time.
- Assist in the methodology and administration of Trading IDL (Incremental Default Loss).
- Provide commentary to senior management on notable stress testing impacts and trends.
- Assist with the design and execution of bespoke stress testing scenarios, and communicate results to Market Risk and other stakeholders.
- Given the growing team agenda, responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Skills / Qualifications :
- Strong academic background, minimum Bachelors Degree required. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be an influential voice across Market Risk and other stakeholders.
- Intellectually curious nature with an eagerness to investigate and fully understand financial products, processes and issues.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done with focus on detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, deliver under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Programming skills (e.g., VBA, Python) would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with stress testing and capital planning preferred but not essential.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.