JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Margin & Collateral - Markets - CIB (7-10 yrs)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
- Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a 'best in class' systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
- Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
- Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
- 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Mumbai is one of our largest locations within India. Finance is a passion here, and we've been respected in the city since 1922. Mumbai is one of India's most attractive cities with beautiful parks, avenues and impressive buildings. Parts of the city are amongst the most modern and westernized areas of India. We have seven sites in Mumbai, and each one offers private canteens, large break rooms and state-of-the-art facilities. Our teams here are business drivers. You can join them as you learn and grow. Join us, and you too can be part of it.
Person will be responsible for Margin calls management, Regulatory adherence for all upcoming NCMR regulations, cross LOBs metrics and projects and building the culture of Continuous Improvement supporting business across Back Office, Middle offices as well as Global teams. The individual will be interacting with multiple Operations & technology teams within the organization to (re)design process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Daily Margin Exchange - Same day settlement/Exception management
- Supervisory controls around collateral exposure management
- MTM Breaks: Including Data Quality, strategic projects etc.
- Continuous Focus on deep dive and fixing on upstream issues to keep the breaks to minimum.
- Resolving Breaks with Middle Offices/Credit risk/VCG etc.
- UAT testing
- Key role in regulatory compliance CFTC, EMIR, NCMR, MIFID etc.
- Improving controls in the process & ensure 100% accuracy and compliance to Regulatory rules
- Manage any new analysis requirements across multiple stakeholders
- Regular update to senior management on BAU, projects etc
- Stakeholder Management
- Collateral Dispute Management
- Strategic automation projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- CA/ MBA with 6-8 years / Graduate or Post-Graduate with 7-10 years' experience in operations.
- Familiarity with a global bank's process & operational environment including management and external reporting is a must. Strong business knowledge i.e. Investment Banking, including OTC product, process and system knowledge.
- Ability to think and act strategically:
- Deal with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects / initiatives
- Ensuring the team's activities support Operations in attaining its strategic goals
- Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to know when a deep-dive approach is appropriate
- Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Ability to manage a team of high achievers with diverse experience and skill sets. Successful in team environments with matrix reporting structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Skilled in MS office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own and team's work to achieve them
- Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally, if needed
- Extensive Knowledge on CFTC/EMIR/NCMR rules
- Experience on Collateral/Confirmations/Portfolio Reconciliation/Exposure to Tri optima will be an advantage
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team :
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients- needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well