VP Leadership Hiring at JP Morgan Chase
Views:3631 Applications:649 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:481
JP Morgan Chase - Associate - HR Business Partner - Global People Support Team (8-12 yrs)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
- In the Corporate Centers in India, the Corporate Sector includes functions ranging from Finance to Operations to HR Service delivery. In Operations, we support businesses like ~ Compliance Operations, Reference Data Operations, Global Supplier Services, Chief Finance Office, HR Service Delivery, CAO Functions (Transportation, Travel Services, Dining, Printing and documentation, Resiliency, Global Security and Investigations, Risk & Control), and Corporate Functions like Audit, Legal, Compliance, and Communications.
- The HR Business Partner role, sits within the Global People Support HR Business Partner organization.
- The HR Business Partner's responsibility is to work with managers at varying levels of the organization to execute strategic priorities (set by senior leaders). The HRBP will provide support to HRBAs and managers on core HR activities. They help managers engage with others in GPS and with specialists to bring resolution to their HR-related matters.
Role Summary :
The HR Business Partner role sits within the Global People Support HR Business Partner organization. The HR Business Partner's responsibility is to work with managers at varying levels of the organization to execute strategic priorities (set by senior leaders).
- Experienced HRBP teams will operate across multiple levels and with primary LOB alignment although may also support other LOBs and have a secondary discipline. They provide support to HRBAs and managers on core HR activities. They help managers engage with others in GPS and with specialists to bring resolution to their HR-related matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the implementation of people agenda initiatives and efforts for a business area
- Provide day-to-day advice on human capital matters
- Take in organizational decisions made by business leadership and cascade the structuring & re-organizational changes deeper into LOB areas to institutionalize the new organization into BAU
- Support year-end compensation process by ensuring that baselines are accurate and synchronized (including joiners, leavers, transfers) with finance and/or business management, providing guidance on IC and salary planning as appropriate and supporting managers through compensation decisions.
- Support the performance and talent management cycle by partnering with managers on an as-needed basis to handle succession planning needs and requirements, answer performance questions, issues and processes, supporting and providing guidance on the promotion process particularly during quarterly & end-of-year timing
- Facilitate feedback processes and other employee input initiatives, e.g. action plans based on EOS, Pulse Checks, etc
- Support or participate in individualized development and coaching to managers and emerging leaders, as needed, and in partnership with the development team. This may include supporting action items that stem from leadership coaching provided by the aligned HRBP or an external coach
- Be available to provide front-line support to managers for HR risk / controls initiatives
- Provide project management support for HR-related initiatives being implemented within LOBs
- Support HRBAs in cross-LOB and large scale initiatives
- Work with MIS to ensure headcount management and accurate data collection and reporting to support fact based, metrics driven client bases
- Be a champion of HR process change. Analyze processes, data and trends to make recommendations to management team for continuous improvement
- Partner with HR colleagues of all levels to drive efficiencies and leverage best practices
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed effectively for all critical HR processes
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects, aligned to key identified HR priorities
Skills and Experiences :
- 8+ years of overall Human Resource experience preferably in a HRBP role.
Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: goal setting, performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, talent review and talent management, workforce planning, reductions in force, manager development. Project management abilities including execution skills and end to end process improvement. Technically proficient in MS Office Suite - including Excel and PowerPoint.
Strategy& Analysis Skills : Able to translate business strategies/priorities/goals into people strategies/priorities/goals. Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause. Strong analytical, quantitative and technical skills that enable individual to leverage data to create HR strategies that support and drive business results
Consultative, Coaching, and Influencing Skills: Ability to navigate a global matrix organization and partner on issues across HR and the business. Must be able to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships. Proven track record in objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues and mitigating risks.
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment. Ability to manage multiple tasks while remaining proactive and flexible in style.
- Ability to handle large amounts of confidential/sensitive information on a frequent basis. Excellent consulting, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Skilled at coaching and developing others, particularly managers and leaders. Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Understands when to escalate. Provides insight to clients to assess issues/potential risks and recommends actions. Challenges clients to question assumptions & think through problems. Exhibits sound judgment in approach & outcomes. Able to build this skill in others. Ideally, some experience with leading others through change and utilizing transparent communication strategies. Demonstrated ability to influence; able to gain consensus and strong commitments for action.
Teamwork: Promotes partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust and teamwork across teams, businesses, functions, regions, and levels.
Other Desired Behaviors/Courage: To push back. To tackle new challenges for the organization. Resiliency: focus and determination to influence multiple stakeholders. Intellectual Curiosity: to learn something new and ask lots of questions. Innovation: to keep ahead of trends and inspire as a thought leader.