JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Fund Servicing - ESM (5-8 yrs)
- Investigating all investment guideline/regulatory breaches to assist the client in the breach resolution process.
- Review & recommending a course of action based on the investigation to assist the fund managers to take corrective action.
- Constantly improving the quality of work to the client in terms of better recommendations and providing industry best standard for breach analysis.
- Continuous Improvement in the process by providing solutions to reduce the number of false exceptions/violations or optimising the way we operate
- Interfacing with onshore Operations and the Operations Service Delivery (OSD) teams on a continual basis drive improvement, efficiency in the process
- Prepare, review & automate manual reports where applicable
- Providing innovative solutions to client requirements and tailoring available solutions to the changing needs of the client in a timely manner.
- Strong control mindset and ability to weave through processes and identify risk and remediate as appropriate.
- Ensure that s/he is able to become a strong subject matter expert on the function and deliver training sessions and act as a strong "go-to" person in the team & with partners
- Logical, problem-solving, technical person would be ideally suited.
- A good understanding of accounting platforms that deliver NAV's will be a plus.
- Good background in analytical tasks & able to provide solutions to complex asks from end-clients.
- Concentrate on problem-solving technical and involved requests for clients across the globe, as part of discrete implementations of new business.
- 5 years or more in Banking / Financial services industry or with accounting firm.
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment
- Awareness of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Knowledge of the processes of a fund's Custodian Bank and Investment Manager
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team
- Flexibility - support department projects and work overtime during peak production periods
- Team management experience and able to adequately lead, guide & take peers along
- Experience in process improvement
- Graduate/Post Graduate
- The candidate should have 8-10 years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting process
- Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment is a plus
- Working knowledge of UCITS/AIFMD and 1940 Act regulatory requirements including applicable risk spreading rules and key risk indicators
- Keep up to date with industry practice, product development and evolving regulations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Client focused
- Uses initiative & readily questions
- Strong analytical & Problem solving skills
- Control orientated
- Proficiency with computers
- Exhibits a 'can do' attitude
- Good written & spoken English communication skills
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, colleagues and clients
- Time management and organizational skills
- The successful candidate would have at least two of the following key attributes, demonstrated by suitable experience:
- Strong client servicing experience
- Coding or report writing experience, ideally with logic-based database systems
- Excellent financial market and instrument knowledge
- Compliance reporting product knowledge
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Job Type - PERMANENT, FULLTIME
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.