JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Financial Analysis/Modelling (6-8 yrs)
Shift Timings - 2PM to 11PM
The Financial Analysis group is comprised of 4 teams responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, central oversight and coordination of firmwide forecasting, macroeconomic scenario design and distribution, and strategic programs including the Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3).
- The Estimations Design & Analysis (EDA) team partners with LOB and Corporate teams to support them through the lifecycle of estimation identification and development to expected standards, requirements definition for automation, and integration with our centralized, end-to-end, multi-purpose firmwide forecasting platform (F3)
- The Corporate Finance Analytics (CFA) team is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis related to business performance, regulatory reform, capital generation and investment/distribution
- The Firmwide Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is primarily responsible for leading and coordinating the firmwide budgeting and forecasting process, including the short- and long-term projection of earnings, balance sheet and capital over varying economic scenarios
- The Economic Scenario Management team centrally coordinates and develops the end-to-end design, review and distribution of macroeconomic scenarios used in the firm's forecasting processes
Estimations Design & Analysis (EDA) sits within the CFO organization and is responsible for, in partnership with Line of Businesses and Corporate teams, analyzing the underlying methodology of estimations in the firm and ensuring that they are in accordance with policy guidelines, and supporting the end-to-end life-cycle of estimation method design, build and integration with F3.
In this role, the person will work with LOB clients to enhance estimation method design by improving model estimation approaches being used and/or by developing more advanced non-model estimation approaches. The person will analyze existing estimation documentation, gain access to estimation input data and assumptions, and experiment to create better statistical models or non-model approaches. The person will also be responsible for also creating documentation supporting any newly created approaches and also for preparing for independent reviews. This position provides a rare opportunity for motivated candidates to learn about forecasting methodologies across various LOBs and products across the firm and participate in and understand the end-to-end process from estimation design to implementation.
The position involves interaction with many teams across the firm including LOBs and Corporate finance functions, model development, and technology & operations. The ability to work efficiently and communicate effectively across these boundaries will be one of the keys to success
Degree in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field; advanced degree a plus; FRM, CFA, CPA certification a plus.
- 6 to 8 years work experience in statistical modeling, quantitative research, financial analysis, risk management, or related field
- General understanding of a banking organization hierarchy and structure
- Knowledge of financial products/markets and regulatory requirements a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience partnering with technology and business to drive strategic projects
- Candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Good organizational, written and communication skills