HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:789 Applications:221 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:135
JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Corporate Risk/Credit Risk Controller (7-12 yrs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a financial holding company incorporated under Delaware law in 1968, is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States of America (- U.S.- ), with operations worldwide; JPMorgan Chase had $2.7 trillion in assets and $257 billion in stockholders- equity as of December 31, 2019. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. Under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands, the Firm serves millions of customers in the U.S. and globally many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firm's approach to risk management covers a broad spectrum of economic and other core risk areas, such as credit, market, liquidity, model, principal, country, operational, compliance, conduct, legal, capital and reputation risk, with controls and governance established for each area, as appropriate. The Firm's risk management governance and oversight framework involves understanding drivers of risks, types of risks, and impacts of risks.
Within the broader Risk organization, the Risk Controllers are at the heart of critical Finance-related Risk Management & Compliance initiatives driving effective governance of Finance related programs for Risk Management & Compliance. We act as trusted advisors to the Risk Operating Committee, deliver best-in-class external reporting, execute and oversee controls to drive integrity of critical Risk data used in reporting, and provide concise and insightful analysis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Credit Risk Controller Associate, the ideal candidate will have finance / risk management experience with a solid understanding of financial disclosure reporting and fundamentals of controls management. The individual will support the Risk Controllers organization and senior Risk Executives in Credit Risk controls and across the Firm. The ideal candidate will contribute to the delivery of strategic initiatives across the Credit Risk Controllers organization, including design and execution of operating model and control enhancements that ultimately support external risk reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and execute controls on credit data to ensure accurate financial and regulatory reporting
- Assist in the production of qualitative and quantitative credit disclosures for the Firm's 10K/10Q
- Engage with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders to provide governance and coordination of Risk/Finance related programs and agendas
- Analysis of key credit trends, news headlines, and topics of interest
- Be encouraged to think creatively, challenge status quo, and deliver across a multitude of strategic objectives impacting the Firmwide Risk and Risk Controllers organizations.
- Identify opportunity areas and build partnerships across the firm within Risk Management, Regulatory Reporting, Finance, Middle Office and Technology.
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 7 -12 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of finance processes, risk & controls, infrastructure and systems and/or external regulatory reporting experience (SEC, CCAR, etc.) is a plus
- Positive can-do attitude looking to add value across the breadth of the business
- Energetic self-starter, with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; sound and independent judgment
- Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
Communication / Influence:
- A developed leadership presence capable of effective messaging of complex systems and processes to junior team members and upper management alike
- Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications
- Experience with Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau and other data automation systems a plus
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants- and employees- religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.