JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Asset Management - Fixed Income EMD Corporate Research (4-5 yrs)
Asset Management - Fixed Income EMD Corporate Research - Associate
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is seeking to hire a Junior Analyst (JA) in the Global Fixed Income - Emerging Market Debt Corporate Credit Research team to support Senior Research Analysts in order to leverage and enhance their ability to generate positive investment performance. JAs will be expected to work on a wide range of credit research projects, with tasks including, but not limited to, credit analysis, working on models, writing franchise pieces, information gathering as well as financial statement analysis. JAs will assist the analysts in the preparation of corporation review materials from a credit perspective, industry presentations as well as valuation metrics. To be successful, JAs will need to demonstrate their ability to add value to the investment process and develop a deep understanding of the process itself.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Gathering and analyzing data, calculating performances, from a variety of sources, including company reports, the internet, online databases such as Bloomberg, Fact Set, other databases, as well as JPMorgan proprietary content
- Building and maintaining credit models for companies without errors in a timely manner; analysis of company numbers, generating regular and adhoc reports, graphs and datasets from these model
- Development of a database for the Emerging Market Debt Team that would comprise major financial information information, key metrics and ratios
- Analysis of various market metrics including, but not limited to, Supply Demand Factors, Sectoral views, BASEL rules. Strong understanding of Fixed Income Markets as well as developing sectoral understanding of securities that would help the analyst build holistic views on companies from a credit standpoint.
- Able to analyze capitalization, credit quality, funding and liquidity profile and profitability from Financial Statements of financial institutions including banks, insurance and finance companies. The analysis would help build various credit metrics in order for the Research Team to get an accurate credit scenario for select companies. The JA should be able to (A) construct a financial or credit model independently, (B) explain and defend key trends and assumptions, and (C) analyze the building blocks of credit ratings and key rating triggers.
- Writing content (text, tables and charts) for company and industry reports and preparing presentations to be used internally. Be able to write up summary of presentation and distribute to the team.
- Maintaining regular contact with colleagues in the global sectors, taking part in conference calls and responding to project requests
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for projects and presentations
Essential skills / Qualification :
- Ideal candidates for these positions would be Post-Graduates from top Institutes in India. Candidates completed/currently pursuing CFA would be preferred;
- At least 4 - 5 years of relevant industry experience and knowledge of the Equity or Fixed Income Markets, with emphasis on Research and Analysis;
- Experience in the application of quantitative methods and analytic techniques in the analysis of financial data;
- Key skills are analytical skill, decision-making, intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, pro-active and effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Solid understanding of financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations;
- Understanding of Asset Management business and more specifically Investment Management business is preferable;
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Power point); Proficiency in Python/VBA programming would be preferred;
- Passion for and interest in company analysis and experience in analyzing financial institutions is preferred;
- A strong motivation to learn and manage projects independently;
- This is a demanding job requiring highly motivated individuals who are willing to work hard to build up their knowledge base, performance track record and credibility within the team
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.