JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Strategic Research - GRC (3-6 yrs)
J.P. Morgan's Global Research Center (GRC) in Mumbai was set up in August 2003 as an extension of the Firm's global equity research teams around the world. Since inception, GRC has grown steadily and the team of analysts has expanded to provide coverage for the key sectors globally. Besides working with J.P. Morgan's equity research teams, the Researchers and Analysts in GRC are now engaged with other areas of public side research including credit research, strategy, credit derivatives, indices, credit portfolio research, derivatives and quant research.
Our Strategic Research team publishes timely research on geopolitical events along with strategic, longer-term and thematic issues relevant to clients across the J.P. Morgan platform. The global team delivers trade ideas, in-depth reports, and educational materials to the firm's clients.
We seek a capable research assistant to join the Strategic Research team to support the creation of timely and thematic research reports across asset classes and regions in a fast-paced environment. The individual should have a willingness to learn and be a self-starter with a keen eye for details.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain key presentations for senior members of the Strategic Research team, manage and update flagship reports in an editorial-like capacity
- Gather and synthesize existing research, and write summaries for conference calls including the biweekly Global Research call in a concise format accessible to a broad audience.
- Streamline processes to improve the gathering, processing and presentation of data and analysis
- Prepare Excel charts and Word documents for publications
- Communicate and interact regularly with the global team, including key members in New York
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Excellent reading comprehension to gather and summarize information on macro and geopolitical topics from research reports and conference calls.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication and team working skills and flexibility to work across different time zones within a global team.
- High-proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PitchPro+; experience of VBA would be a plus.
- The ability to follow instructions and sense-check work on the go.
- Keen interest in global financial markets and good understanding of finance and economic data.
- Analytical aptitude and ability to learn financial concepts.
- A strong motivation for learning and managing projects independently.
- Experience with automating tasks and sheets, especially with open read statistics.
J.P. Morgan's GRC provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the GRC and in the Firm's global network.
Interested applicants could email their CV to Shilpa Singh at: firstname.lastname@example.orgJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well