JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Quant Analytics - SAS/SQL (2-7 yrs)
Quant Analytics - SAS/ SQL - Analyst
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Work within the newly formed CCB Data & Analytics Team which unifies data and analytics talent across Chase to responsibly leverage data to build competitive advantages for our businesses with value and protection for customers. The team encompasses a variety of Data & Analytics disciplines, from data governance and data strategy/partnerships to reporting, data science and machine learning, and are actively engaged in ensuring impact at the front-line and the customer through Sales and Marketing transformation.
We have a strong partnership with our dedicated Technology partners, who provide us with our cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure. Joining CCB Data & Analytics means you sit in the engine that powers Chase with insights, providing an opportunity to materially impact both our customer and business outcomes. The team also offers significant learning and mobility opportunities for career development and future growth.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of analytical products and solutions for our clients. We'll give you what you need to succeed from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills
Consumer Banking Business Monitoring Team within Consumer Bank Decision Science group is responsible for supporting Consumer Banking Branch Administration and operations team by helping them to execute the goals in terms of Monitoring and maintaining strong control results across Consumer Banking ensuring strong alignment with other Lines of Defense, Helping to Improve overall branch control results including Branch Review, Scorecard control errors and dashboard. The role will develop data-centric reporting solutions that help maintain the fortress for the firm. It is a unique opportunity to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm.
What to expect :
- The Reporting, data visualization / production associates will work on uncovering creative and innovative ways to solve business problems using an assortment of data science methods, visualizations and techniques.
- The candidate must possess a strong analytical and problems solving skills and demonstrate experience in developing business intelligence and analytical solutions.
- The ideal candidate will possess JPMC or similar financial services institutional data and system knowledge, technical skills, an understanding of data science / visualization and a commitment to producing high quality results.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop key business
- Conduct business process review, process and data flow and develop automated solutions aimed at maximizing efficiency and minimizing risk.
- Maintain business process tools and ensure compliance with changing business processes and requirements.
- Gathers, inputs and manipulates data for routine/standard business and/or financial analysis and reporting purposes
- Validates accuracy of data and assists with report preparation
- Helps solve problems and may distribute reports to internal and external audiences
- Articulates the results of the analyses in reports, presentations, and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Develop knowledge of business process and procedures and business applications and become subject matter expert within function
- May be required to have business-specific skills or certification
About you : We're looking for highly-motivated team players with a passion for applied data science and with the initiative and insight to develop innovative analytic solutions
Key qualifications :
- 2-3+ years of experience in SAS, SQL, business analysis, BI solutions development, Process design and reporting
- Experience working with a variety of databases using SQL
- Understanding Agile framework and project management in Agile
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with colleagues
- Collaborate with management and staff in the development and implementation of all projects and/or initiatives related to operational goals and/or process improvement directives
- Ability to understand business needs, diagnose performance issues, and develop recommendations through combination of data analysis and business critical thinking
- Advanced PC Skills, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (graphs, charts, formulas etc.)
- Able to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business priorities and perform well under pressure
- Assure the integrity of data, through extraction, manipulation, processing, analysis and reporting.
- Detail oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Good to Have Skills :
- 2 or more years of experience with Tableau software
- 1 or more years of experience with Alteryx software
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.