HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:2918 Applications:541 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Liquidity Risk - LaTAM - GMG (0-3 yrs)
Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate (CTC) Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office (CIO), Global Treasury, and - other- Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights).
CIO manages the firm's structural interest rate and foreign exchange risks, and conservatively invests the firm's excess deposits. Interest rate risk is managed primarily via investment securities and interest rate derivatives as tools to manage the firm's asset liability mismatch. The firm's non-USD foreign exchange risk is managed through specifically defined hedging mandates. The CIO also manages the JP Morgan Retirement Plan and hedges the firm's Mortgage Servicing Rights.
Treasury manages the firm's capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding strategy and positions, including short dated and secured funding, debt and capital issuance and buybacks, and liquidity risk management, as well as the company's rating agency relationships and corporate insurance activities.
CTC Risk is also responsible for Firmwide Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk Management.
Specific responsibilities -
- Provide an independent oversight to Treasury's adherence to the liquidity risk framework
- Identify, assess and monitor liquidity risks related to the Firm's business activities including banking (deposits, loans, commitments, etc.) and non-banking balance sheet (unsecured funding, secured funding, lending, prime brokerage, derivatives, etc.)
- Provide independent review of regulatory and internal stress scenarios, including analysis on key market & behavioral assumptions
- Analyze sources and uses of liquidity on a firmwide and legal entity level, including understanding firm's businesses and products
- Deep dive on specific Legal-Entity/Line-of-business/specific-product/market-moves to analyze potential risks
- Periodic review of Regulatory/Internal Limits and Indicators (serving as early warning signals) to help determine potential risks
- Perform Regulatory Recovery & Resolution and Volcker related review on JPM Legal-Entities/Line-of-Businesses
- Conduct reviews of the regulatory requirements for the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and Net Stable Funding Ratio
- Create high quality reports for Boards, Regulators and internal use (including Asset Liability Committee meetings) on a regular basis
- Prepare and present briefings to senior management on key risk issues
- Execute projects to investigate and improve the risk representation of the Firm's liquidity risk and stress testing framework
- Work closely with the team on a number of projects with regard to firm's liquidity, with a specific focus on stress testing and liquidity risk measurement
- Maintain active dialogue with business units, treasury, risk management colleagues, and other groups regarding business strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance
- Collaborate with senior business professionals to enhance liquidity planning, liquidity stress testing, limit setting and asset/liability management
- Innovate ways to identify key risks/concentrations and implement processes to actively monitor these risks
- Review and challenge the development of liquidity risk measures and stress testing models, entailing building an expertise and comprehensive understanding of existing models, scenarios, evolving regulatory requirements, and expectations
- Develop and implement liquidity risk governance policies and procedures, with a focus on liquidity risk stress testing, scenario design, and liquidity risk measurement
An excellent academic record and Masters Degree in Business-Administration / Economics / Finance / Mathematics / Engineering (or CA) from a reputed institute are required; certifications in related quantitative field (CFA/FRM/other) is preferred.
- Understanding of balance sheet analysis, especially for Banks for traditional banking and complex non-banking products, preferred
- Understanding of Liquidity norms and requirements under Basel III requirements preferred
- Experience in Liquidity Risk management with a wide range of experience with quantitative, financial and risk management techniques & systems preferred
- Understanding of the governance and controls surrounding risk monitoring including, stress testing, various return measures and experience with stress construction
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently across different businesses and functional areas
- Ability to work under pressure
- Inquisitive nature; Motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Strong technical skills in Excel, Powerpoint, Access, VBA and Bloomberg - ability to automate periodic tasks involving multiple/large data set