JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Investment Specialist - Asset Management (1-3 yrs)
JPMorgan Asset Management (\"JPMAM\") provides investment management products and services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. It offers the full spectrum of investment strategies - from equity, cash management, fixed income, currency and asset allocation to alternative asset classes such as private equity, real estate and hedge funds.
The Investment Specialist team is responsible for managing global and regional asset class (Equities/Fixed Income/MAS/Alternatives) portfolio, with investment professionals located in various locations across the globe. Investment Specialists (IS) are responsible for the overall portfolio, strategy design, reporting and communications with the client. IS teams partner with the portfolio management desks and leverage product and market expertise for client acquisition and retention.
Investment Specialist Support analyst will be working closely with the Investment Specialist team to assist with the preparation of portfolio review material for clients and investors. The analyst will develop an understanding of the investment processes associated with a variety of product portfolios and will be expected to liaise with multiple groups within JP Morgan Asset Management, therefore strong interpersonal skills are key.
Core Responsibilities :
Preparation of Strategy presentations comprising of:
- Performance & Market value
- Analytics and characteristics of the portfolio
- Details on holdings in the portfolio
- Messaging on the key selling points of the product and the market
- Preparation of customized Client presentations for IS's review meetings
- Analysis of portfolios including positioning, analytics and performance results
- Assist with the preparation of client performance reports and investment review materials for new and existing clients and writing commentaries on performance drivers
- Assist in preparation of any other communication including high quality written content on products and markets for client use
- Monitoring guidelines and adherence for internal/external managed portfolios
- Co-ordinate with Sales, Consultants and RFP teams to cater client requirements using product knowledge
- Represent the IS team, and work with other supporting teams, on various ad-hoc projects. including automation of various docs and presentations - in which context some understanding of macros would be very helpful; either direct coding or the ability to understand the logic and communicate the requirements more accurately.
- Responding to ad hoc data requests and reporting needs
- Participate in weekly meetings, info-shares or fund webcast
- Post Graduate, MBA or CFA with at least 1-3 years of experience in financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of any asset classes, portfolio management practices, and the asset management business is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) . Knowledge of VBA, Python or other analytics and automation tools would be an added advantage
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (including data analysis and ability to understand data flows
- Ability to prioritize a variety of responsibilities and ad-hoc requests in a fast-paced client-facing environment; learn and execute new tasks quickly
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Ability to foresee problems/think ahead and ask relevant questions - instead of just plain execution
- Time management skills & ability to multi-task
- Delivery focus and detail-orientation with strong commitment to accuracy
- Self-starter and ability to work both independently and as a team player
About us :
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well