HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:2493 Applications:357 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - CTC Risk - Credit Management (1-4 yrs)
CTC Credit Risk seeks to hire an analyst to join its Mumbai-based team. As part of the team's investment portfolio risk management responsibilities, CTC Credit Risk maintains a large portfolio of quantitative and qualitative credit risk models used for stress testing and credit reserve determination purposes.
The selected individual will play an important role in partnering with senior team members in the development of new quantitative and qualitative loss estimation frameworks, as well as the management of existing frameworks.
Apart from the above described quantitative responsibilities, the individual will work alongside a team of analysts/associates that deliver detailed and high quality credit analysis of CIO's existing and new investments in various credit assets (municipal bonds, corporate bonds, sovereign bonds, CLOs, other various securitized assets).
Specific responsibilities include :
- Perform in-depth credit analysis for various potential and existing CIO investments across the fixed income spectrum. Engage with senior members of CTC Credit Risk and the Portfolio Management teams to complete risk analysis and present conclusions
- Participate in the development and maintenance of various credit loss models related to CCAR stress testing as well as CECL reserve projections. Liaise with independent Model Review teams to prepare model documentation, pass credible challenge and obtain usage approvals
- Perform analysis for portfolio credit impairment projections as part of various Firmwide exercises including the industry-wide annual CCAR process and quarterly CECL reserving process
- Work alongside senior team members around product specific deep dives required to support risk discussions, including preparation and delivery of presentations for various senior Risk forums such as the CTC Investment Committee and the CTC Risk Committee
- Partner with the Front Office, Finance, Valuation Control Group, Model Review Group, Policy, Finance, Technology and Middle Office to other ongoing projects, thus leading to the continued build-out of the CTC Credit Risk franchise
Required Skills & Experience :
- Strong quantitative and analytical background with an understanding of different investment products and derivative instruments; able to perform deep dive into portfolio and analyze investment opportunities highlighting key risks
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Business is preferred.
- Relevant experience in credit risk management, quantitative model development or credit loss forecasting would be ideal
- Knowledge around regulatory requirements as relates to a credit risk portfolio, including stress testing and loss reserving would be ideal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to deliver effective presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across different businesses and functional areas
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail
- Resourceful, and ability to multitask effectively
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master's degree in mathematics, statistics or business is preferred