HR at JP Morgan Chase
Views:2694 Applications:545 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Credit Risk - Asset Management Vertical (1-3 yrs)
Credit Risk Management (CRM) has strong franchises across both our corporate and financial institutions client bases and maintains close working partnerships with client executives and product professionals. The CRM groups around the world are central to the effective management and delivery of credit related business to the firm's clients. The Asset Management Team is responsible for lending activity and capital markets activity with a full spectrum of traditional and alternative asset management companies and funds (including mutual funds, pension funds, hedge funds and private equity).
We are currently looking for a Credit Professional to manage client exposures within our Rules Based Risk Management Portfolio and serve as business lead for the credit onboarding of new funds.
Role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing exposure for a portfolio of mutual and pension funds that are part of the internal "Rules" based process, including coordinating interactions across multiple trading desks, CRM and operational support.
- Coordinate with Wholesale Client Onboarding and Transition Management teams on approval of new fund onboardings to support Prime Services, Investor Service and Markets trading teams
- Review counterparty documentation and source publicly available data to assess risk profile of new fund onboardings and ensure accuracy of qualitative and quantitative data elements for clients in - Rules Based Risk Management- client portfolio
- Partner with Credit Risk Middle Office to ensure timely review of counterparty trading limits, obligor grades, annual reviews and covenant compliance
- Responsible for setting credit appetite and trading limits, monitoring exposure reports, trade violations and escalation of potential credit concerns to Credit Executives
- Assist Credit Executives with documentation negotiation and trade analysis
- Identify and remediate data issues in Rules Based Risk Management
- Develop and maintain transaction monitoring for our structured and corporate finance portfolio - identify and discuss pertinent trends with Credit Executives
- Assist Credit Executives in preparing portfolio risk reviews for senior management as well as external reviewers
Experience / skills:
- 1-3 years of experience in financial service industry, preferably with an investment bank or mutual fund.
- Knowledge of derivative and capital market products (FX, Swaps, Repo).
- Prior credit training and knowledge of regulated funds or operations experience in a bank or financial service company preferred.
- Familiarity with legal documentation such as, ISDA, GMRA, Futures & Options, OTC Clearing, etc. is a plus
- Self-Starter, strong interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills are required.