JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Compliance (1-6 yrs)
Job Description :
Internal Description :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team is part of JPMorgan’s Global Risk and Compliance organization.
- The GFCC organization has over 1,900 professionals across the world. The team is responsible for developing the requirements and standards for the Firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of eight core functions, aligned with the businesses and regional teams. One of the core functions is Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigations & List Screening.
- GFCC personnel work cooperatively with the other global functions and businesses to identify, assess and quantify the level of risk associated with the firm’s products, services, customers, transactions and geographic locations to develop appropriate policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, control and mitigate the associated risks.
- The GFCC Alert Triage position is part of the firm’s India AML Alert Triage team within AML Investigations. The Triage team dispositions alerts consistent with the Global AML Standards, provides an initial assessment of potential Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing as well as other nefarious activity and recommends alerts for escalation and further review or closure as false positives
- The successful candidate has strong processing and analytical skills; the ability to work independently and is adaptable to change. In addition, the candidate needs to demonstrate banking and compliance knowledge, the ability to exercise sound judgment, and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of their responsibilities.
- Collect and document data, including: alerting activity, account information, transactional data, KYC information, politically exposed person (PEP) status, adverse media as well as counterparty and any other required information to assist in the investigation
- Review and analyze underlying data gathered opposite Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Terrorist Financing (TF), Human Trafficking and other red flags to assess whether the alert should be recommended for escalation or to be closed with no further action
- Fully document all alerts, including supporting data, analysis as well as escalation or close recommendation rationale within the case management system in a timely manner and consistent with the firm’s quality standards
- Build relationships with AML Investigations units and effectively communicate and transfer information for case investigations
- Collaborate with India and US colleagues to share processing and AML knowledge to enhance AML Investigation process flows
- In conjunction with manager and consistent with overall department objectives, establish and execute on annual development goals
- As requested, participate in special projects, quality improvement initiatives and other similar exercises
- 1.5 to 6 years’ experience in compliance or related position
- Familiarity with the firm's internal systems and processes or similar processes at other institutions
- Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision
- Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Results oriented team player
- Strong problem solving ability
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and develop well-reasoned recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Strong documentation skills to clearly articulate alert disposition
- Adherence to controls and standards
About Us :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team :
- Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
- Our Compliance teams work globally across all lines of business to advise internal stakeholders on the impact of regulatory requirements and how to balance these with the firm’s needs. Their diverse mandate means they also provide input on new business strategies, product lines, policies, training, operational processes, risk mitigation and control.
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.