HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:1245 Applications:271 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Associate - Risk Analysis - Market Risk - Asset Management Vertical (1-8 yrs)
JP Morgan Asset Management (AM) is hiring a Market Risk professional to join the Asset Management Risk Analytics (AMRA) team. AMRA is a small team of experienced quantitative and market risk oriented professionals responsible for Newton, the AM Independent Risk system. Newton calculates risk across the Global Equity, Global Fixed Income and Multi-Asset LOBs within AM, and is used by the AM Investment and Counterparty Risk Managers, and the front-office.
The individual will work for the AM Risk Analytics lead in Bangalore and will:
1. Provide risk analysis to AM Risk Managers and Front-Office users of Newton at both the portfolio level and security level by determining the qualitative and quantitative factors driving change in risks and exposures. This will include interaction with Risk teams in Hong Kong, London and New York.
2. Perform daily validation of the risk analytics produced by Newton. This will include sensitivity, stress, VaR and factor modeling, for both investment (market) and counterparty (credit) risk.
3. Produce risk reports for both AM Risk Managers and AM Senior Management.
- Have a strong understanding of the equity and fixed income (rates and credit) products and markets; understanding of related derivatives, foreign exchange, commodity and structured/securitized products a plus
- Have a background in Market Risk and be technically proficient, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Have a good understanding of portfolio and risk measurement concepts, including sensitivity, stress testing and Value at Risk analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel required; experience with RiskMetrics, Tableau or SQL a plus.
- Have 1-3 years of experience in a Market Risk Management or related role.
- Degree required in Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree a plus