HR at JP Morgan Chase
Views:983 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Associate - Market Risk Basel Group (2-5 yrs)
Market Risk is an independent risk group within Risk Management, reporting to the Firm's CRO, which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. Market risk management seeks to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance and ensure that the firm's market risk profile is transparent to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators. The team is expected to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis around the firms consolidated risk profile to Senior Management. Market Risk Management works closely with the Market Risk teams aligned to each Line of Business and other partner teams including Risk Reporting, Risk Policy, Regulatory Risk, Market Risk Middle Office, Business Middle Offices, Control & Oversight and Model Review to set Market Risk policy and a consistent framework for Market Risk across the firm, and to share best practices across LOB Market Risk teams.
The Market Risk Basel Group (MRBG) is seeking a candidate to join the MRBG Analytics team to support tactical calculation and analytics needs for the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and other Basel/capital related items. FRTB is the new Market Risk Capital Rule from the Basel Committee which is expected to be live in 2021-2022.
The individual will support the tactical production of market risk capital & explanation of capital changes based on proposed FRTB rules on an ongoing basis. These results will be used for multiple internal and external commitments, including Basel III monitoring exercises, impact analyses required for senior management communication & planning, and other key efforts supporting the FRTB strategic program.
The successful candidate will partner across Firmwide Market Risk, Market Risk Coverage, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Model Risk and Development, Quantitative Research, and Product Control teams to deliver and explain the FRTB capital results. In addition to FRTB calculation and analytics, the candidate will provide tactical support for other MRBG Basel related analytics needs.
- Perform relevant market risk analyses for current Basel 2.5 and future Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) rules for LOBs and across the risk profile of the firm.
- Provide explanation of key market risk drivers (VaR, stress and risk sensitivity, FRTB capital, etc) with understanding & supporting commentary around position and market moves, trading strategy changes and FRTB rule or implementation changes
- Partner with Risk groups across businesses to develop new tools and metrics (e.g. making key risks and P&L drivers more transparent, refining current FRTB calculation capabilities, etc) - Partner across teams to on-board new products & desks onto the FRTB strategic capital calculation framework
- Using knowledge and understanding of risk profiles to provide tactical support to management on significant risk drivers across portfolios
- Participating in a wide range of on-going and new projects with Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Valuation, Quantitative Research, Model Review Group, Basel Groups.
- Constantly focusing on operating efficiently and improving processes while maintaining a strong control environment.
Skills & Experience
- Graduate degree in mathematics or finance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Understanding of risk, financial regulatory and/or policy requirements
- Experience in Market Risk, Regulatory Capital, Valuation, Finance Product Control or related function
- Inquisitive nature with an eagerness to investigate and fully understand financial products, processes and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a strong track record of partnership
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, innovation, and solid problem solving skills. Confidence to drive issues through to completion often working to tight deadlines