JP Morgan Chase - Analyst/Associate - Business Analysis & Compliance Reporting - Securities Services Operations - CIB (0-1 yrs)
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities :
This role will incorporate the following :
Client Focused :
Provided with a set of clients, the Compliance Reporting Analyst would be responsible for :
- Reviews rules setup by other analysts & acts as a control point toward achieving that the rule is working as per client requirement.
- Ensure the setup of rules are in line with regulatory requirements including the 1940 Act & UCITS
- Able to interpret regulatory changes if any and accordingly provide functional input to make necessary changes to any existing rules.
- Act as a change agent and provide technical expertise to key projects/initiatives in the compliance reporting function.
- Act as a key linkage point with the OSD teams & other stakeholders including audit. Is able to provide an e2e view of the rule coded, whether it is working properly and resultant breaches if any.
- Providing innovative solutions to client requirements (including coding the Compliance Reporting application) in sync with optimization of the rule library in place.
- Is able to appreciate specific client nuances successfully and provide an appropriate & optimal solution to meet objectives.
- Maintaining existing fund \"rules\" within the system and tailoring available solutions to the changing needs of the client in a timely manner.
- Scope client requirements against that of the system and perform maintenance to the client's account.
- Investigate investment guideline breaches with the investment manager to assist the client in the breach resolution process.
- Keep upto date with industry practice, product development and evolving regulations.
Technically Focused :
- Concentrate on problem-solving technical and involved requests for clients across the globe, as part of discrete implementations of new business.
- Interpreting investment mandates to identify \"rules\"
- Agreeing reporting criteria with the OSD teams
- Coding identified and agreed \"rules\" within the Compliance Reporting application
- Logical, problem-solving, technical person would be ideally suited.
The successful candidate will need to either have, or swiftly acquire, knowledge of a myriad of financial instruments, including derivatives.
Key responsibilities :
- Regularly communicate with the Ops and OSD teams (over the phone and electronically) discussing potential breaches on the investment mandates relating to assigned funds.
- Create, maintain and test logical rules automatically applied to the financial instruments owned by J.P.Morgan's clients.
Knowledge and Experience Required :
- Degree in related technical area (such as Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Sciences or Business) advantageous but not essential.
- Qualification involving financial instruments beneficial.
The successful candidate would have at least two of the following key attributes, demonstrated by suitable experience :
- Strong client servicing experience
- Coding or report writing experience, ideally with logic-based database systems
- Excellent financial market and instrument knowledge
- Compliance reporting product knowledge
All candidates must have :
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- PC literacy, especially in Microsoft- Excel
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.