JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Asset & Wealth Management - LEC (1-3 yrs)
Job Description :
Job Title : Asset Management (AM) LEC - Analyst
- J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
- JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Department Description :
- Asset Management Finance fulfils the dual responsibility of providing both legal entity control and MIS within the Line of Business.
- The Legal Entity Control Group within AM Finance has the primary responsibility for ensuring financial integrity within applicable AM entities across all regions, maintaining adherence to regulatory requirements and ensuring a strong control environment exists, as it relates to all products and operational areas that affect the financial accounts.
Role : The Analyst in the AM Legal Entity Controller team will have responsibility for the financial integrity, analysis and reporting for one or more legal entities.
Key Responsibilities : Candidate will be responsible for seamless delivery of daily, monthly, quarterly or any other deliverables of LEC agenda.
The candidate will have the following key responsibilities :
Own the month end process :
1. Calculate and record financial information within the General Ledger in relation to key revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts;
2. Calculate and report movements in seed capital positions to the central team to facilitate applicable seed capital reporting;
3. Generate monthly transfer pricing calculations and journals from the - Transfer pricing tool- ;
4. Prepare Notional positions reporting templates for derivative instruments;
5. Perform reconciliation checks to confirm the monthly equity pick up process has operated correctly;
6. Monitoring of inter entity balances and unnatural balances;
7. Produce month end reporting package ensuring all drivers of the income statement and balance sheet are understood and evidenced with value added commentary.
Monthly / quarterly duties :
1. Balance sheet reconciliation - Produce monthly GL reconciliations packs in line with firmwide GLRS standards.
2. Monitor liquidity position and update the cash flow forecast in light of the seed capital pipeline;
3. Produce monthly ManCom reports and quarterly Board papers.
4. Produce consolidation packs for submission to the US & UK consolidated and regulatory reporting team.
- CPA/ MBA/ CA or equivalent qualified and/or having 1-3 years of accounting / legal entity controller experience
- Financial and Management Accounting skill set
- US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS working knowledge would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong PC skills (Excel and Word);
- Strong team player;
- Ability to carry out complex tasks under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality;
- Understanding of general ledger control and performance of financial reconciliations required;
- Understanding of statutory accounts prep and audit file preparation
- Strong accounting knowledge and past experience in SAP/ERP preferable
- Position will be based out of Bengaluru and will involve working in APAC or EMEA shift.
About Us :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
- Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants- and employees- religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team :
- J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
- Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.