Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:3765 Applications:253 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan - Business Analyst - Global Markets Infrastructure - Practice Development (3-6 yrs)
GMI Business Analysts - role description
JP Morgan Global Market Infrastructures (GMI) is responsible for selection and management of the network of agent banks and financial markets infrastructures used by the firm. Across the banking industry, this function is referred to as - network management- . GMI manages the procurement, maintenance and oversight of securities services (custody and clearing) and cash services (payments and other foreign currency services) for LOBs firm-wide. Currently that network spans over 600 agent banks and intermediaries, including sub-custodians, nostro account relationships, and cash agent/partner banks in over 100 markets. The team works closely with these agents and regulatory authorities in each country to identify market practices, tax rules & strategies, and rules associated with foreign investment. As a firm-wide function, GMI supports all LOBs including TS, IS, Markets and AM.
The Practice Development team is the GMI function responsible for designing, transforming and managing the catalogue of services performed by GMI for its LOB partners. The team was formed in early 2017, and conducts a continuous improvement framework to develop GMI's services. The analysis of GMI's business processes and its requirements from Technology is a significant area for improvement, and we are at the early phase of a multi-year strategic technology investment program.
Hiring Manager: Krystle Ritchens
- To assist with development and expansion of the GMI Service Catalogue, GMI require 3 Business Analysts to contribute to the team.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working closely with global functions across Global Market Infrastructures and functional partners to define the current process, system and organizational landscape and key pain points and opportunities
- Eliciting and analyzing large quantities of data to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Development and documentation of front-to-back business process flows
- Documentation of user stories
- Provision of regular status updates to core team and senior managers
- Assist in developing of business cases and strategy for senior management
- Effective communication of all change ensuring that the relevant business, operations and technology stakeholders are engaged and that all issues and risks are identified and escalated
Formulation and execution of project implementation plans in coordination with the business
The key skills/experience required for this role include:
- Previous experience of large strategic programs from an Investment Bank, Corporate Bank or Management Consultancy background desirable
- Ability to complete large scale data analysis, designing automated data analytical models and calculations; strong Excel skills a must
- Effective presentation skills and advanced PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio skills
- Knowledge of wider financial services landscape, including regulation, utilities and vendors with ability to converse comfortably with stakeholders on said topics
- Proven experience working in and around operations/technology/projects and industry protocols
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Strong analytical, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders; confidence in communicating with senior management
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables
- Strong performer who consistently goes above and beyond expectations