HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:1157 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
JP Morgan - Associate - Risk Management/Corporate Risk/Country Risk - Middle Office (4-10 yrs)
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
- Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan's Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
- Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
- J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate& Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors.
- India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centres (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm's operations regionally and globally. The centres provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Firm-wide Risk Reporting - Country Risk Middle Office
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.25 trillion.
Associate Roles and Responsibilities:
- The role is in the Country Risk Middle Office team within the broader Firm-wide Risk Reporting, Risk Middle Office and Project Services organization. The role entails examining the book of work in order to execute process enhancements and seek efficiencies. The individual will be required to forge strong relationships with technology, reporting, country risk management and middle office functions of other risk stripes.
Core function will involve:
- Feed Monitoring - Ensuring completeness & accuracy of data within country risk infrastructure & isolating any anomaly prior to signing off on the data
- Exception Management - Identification of firm-wide/line of business (LOB) breaches and working with others like credit officers, product controllers etc. on validating as well as resolving breaches arising out of data quality issues within upstream sources
- Adjustments - Isolating missing/duplicate/incorrect exposure/stress data within the country risk infrastructure and working with stake holders for updating the accurate data
- Data Validation - Performing reconciliation between 2 data sources to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Systemic query building - Understanding of data lineage across internal systems to be able to quicken the data quality issue resolution
- Governance & control - Adhering to the agreed control framework & isolating as well as building systemic controls on operational activities
The right candidate must be detailed oriented and proactive with strong communication skills both written and verbal. Understanding of financial products is required, the individual must be able to demonstrate examples of working well both as part of a team as well as on an individual basis. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to develop a diverse product knowledge and exposure to multiple risk disciplines and core functions across all lines of business within the firm.
- Knowledge of market risk metrics and financial products is required
- Knowledge of MS Excel/VBA preferred
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, and be able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization and processing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to improve current processes and achieve efficiencies
- Team player who can interact at ease with colleagues of various levels
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- A minimum of B.Com/BSC/BE degree required.
- CFA or FRM certification is a plus