HR at JPMorgan Chase
Views:5236 Applications:375 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:90
JP Morgan Chase - Associate - Liquidity Risk - APAC Region (3-8 yrs)
Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate (CTC) Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office (CIO), Global Treasury, and - other- Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). Treasury manages the firm's capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding strategy, and positions, including short-dated and secured funding, debt and capital issuance and buybacks, and liquidity risk management, as well as the company's rating agency relationships and corporate insurance activities.
The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firmwide CRO and is responsible for the end to end risk framework for the CTC line of business; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Operational Risk, Pensions and BOLI COLI, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire an Associate to join its LRO function focusing on Intraday Liquidity Risk. This individual will provide dedicated support as the Intraday Liquidity Risk framework continues to enhance and expands into the APAC region.
- Play key role in the development and build-out of intraday liquidity risk management framework for APAC
- Provide an independent oversight to Treasury's adherence to the liquidity risk framework
- Participate in the development and independent review of proposals for liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests, in partnership with LOB/Corporate Treasury and/or Corporate Treasury.
- Develop appropriate analytics for senior management, business partners, risk committees and regulators
- Coordinate with other LRO leads to ensure consistency in approaches and awareness of ongoing projects
- Conducting ad hoc analysis to identify potential emerging liquidity risks. Provide periodic updates to senior management on liquidity developments
An excellent academic record and Masters degree in Business-Administration / Economics / Finance / Mathematics / Engineering (or CA) from a reputed institute are required; certifications in a related quantitative field (CFA/FRM/other) is preferred.
- 3+ years- experience in risk management / treasury / Operations functions
- Understanding of Liquidity regulations under Basel III requirements preferred
- Understanding of the governance and controls surrounding risk monitoring including stress testing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently across different businesses and functional areas
- Motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Experience in Liquidity Risk management with a wide range of experience with quantitative, financial and risk management techniques & systems preferred
- Strong technical skills in Excel, Powerpoint, Access, VBA, R Studio and Bloomberg - ability to automate periodic tasks involving multiple/large data set