HR Consultant at JP Morgan
Views:18584 Applications:1503 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:98
JP Morgan - Associate - Debt Capital Markets - Centralized Research Group (3-7 yrs)
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About the Centralized Research Group:
CRG is an integral part of JP Morgan Investment Banking business. We work on various aspects of the client marketing & deal executions. We also undertake focused coverage of key clients through systematic research and generate transaction ideas with client executives & industry partners. Our unique structure gives us unparalleled structural advantage across geographies and sectors; enabling us to come up with innovative solutions.
The Associate Role:
The Associate's main responsibilities will include:
1. Product Coverage: Build deep expertise and insight on the Debt Capital markets (DCM) space that can be leveraged by bankers for maintaining and initiating new client relationships and generate high quality reports that highlight emerging trends and suggest possible courses of action. Cover product(s) and track developments regularly
2. Identify Opportunities: Track a select list of JP Morgan's priority clients and work together with the Vice-Presidents to evaluate potential deal opportunities across the entire range of solutions and services offered by JP Morgan in the Debt Capital markets (DCM) space
3. Pitch/ Presentation: Prepare marketing materials for clients including components like market and industry landscapes, Investor profile and analysis, trading and liquidity analysis & rights issues analysis etc. Produce client-ready output which is crisp and relevant and is accompanied with well-structured presentations
4. Project/Workflow management: Comprehend projects with a high level of accuracy & display a strong understanding of the deliverables. Engages proactively with client executives to understand client perspective and makes new suggestions regarding analysis, slides or provides a new perspective
5. Financial Modeling: Manage detailed models and be comfortable with valuation techniques. Work on extensive valuations without any guidance. Understand transaction structures and be able to determine applicability to his clients. Calculate and draw insights from a set of financial measures/ models
6. Communication: Maintain regular value-added contact with client bankers and staffers in the appropriate geography both proactively and in response to specific requests with a clear distinction between fact, informed opinion and uninformed opinion.
7. Team management: Review priorities & manages team expectations proactively; become a mentor for the juniors in the team and help them develop the right skill sets by reviewing their work; provide clear guidance to the team to maximize efficiency
8. Compliance: Ensure the highest international ethical standards and regulatory compliance within the team.
9. Work with senior management on various CRG-wide initiatives like hiring, training, knowledge development, etc.
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Total work experience of 3-5 years post qualification in Debt Capital markets (DCM) space is a must
- MBA from top Tier school/ or professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance
- Very good awareness of Investment banking solutions and services
- Close attention to detail and ability to deliver output of a very high standard
- Strong knowledge of corporate valuation & modelling
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality under pressure
- Hands on experience on MS Office suite products especially power point presentation skills