Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:2212 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
JP Morgan - Associate - Custody & Hedge Fund Services (7-10 yrs)
CIB - Investor Services - Custody & Fund Services
Global Fund Services - Hedge Fund Services Analytics - Associate - Bangalore
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
- Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers
- J.P. Morgan's Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
- The successful candidate will be working with the global product team to come with a standard offering for our clients.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on conversion of funds from the existing platform to the new vendor platform, re-engineer processes, client data analytics, drive change and implement operational efficiencies in a controlled fashion through effective use of our technology stack.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the global product team to come up with a standard client offering
- Work on ensuring seamless transition of the hedge fund services business to the new Vendor platform in line with the product timelines.
- Map the new platform to the industry best practices and come up with the standard operating procedures
- Will be part of the centralized team working on automation, maintenance and exception management of Securities, Trades, Pricing, Corporate action and Reconciliation streams
- Train junior staff within the team
- Develop and maintain a standard suite of our client reporting offering
- Support Sales and Client Services for clients
- Own change management process
- Conduct business process review and implement adequate process controls and checklists
- 7 to 10 years of industry experience in Hedge Fund Services business with strong understanding of Single Manager/Fund of Fund administration service
- Experience using Geneva accounting application is highly beneficial
- Relevant industry qualifications are an advantage (CFA, FRM etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, exhibit leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact at all levels (both internal and client)
- Strong analytical skill set
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage many tasks at once in a structured manner
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to generate support from a wide-range of stakeholders and create a strong network of relationships among peers, and internal partners
- An ability to work in teams distributed across the globe and travel to onshore offices
- Substantial experience working in the hedge fund, fund of hedge fund, hedge fund administration and/or outsourcing space.
The role is based in Bangalore but will involve interaction with J.P. Morgan teams across the globe