Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:1774 Applications:392 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
JP Morgan - Associate/Analyst - Special Research Team (1-7 yrs)
The Special Research group is a new and unique team within J.P. Morgan Global Research. The team focuses on developing deep insights into a range of emerging, growth industries and companies and delivering these internally to the most senior management levels of the firm. The team conducts its own primary and secondary research and partners closely with leading Analysts from across the Global Research franchise and other subject matter experts in the firm, to develop original insights into strategically significant industry and company trends across the public, private and start-up landscape.
The team is now looking to add an Analyst to the team based in J.P. Morgan's Global Research Center (GRC) in Mumbai. The GRC includes J.P. Morgan's equity research teams and other public side research teams including fixed income research strategy, derivatives, commodities, quant and indices.
Key Responsibilities include:
Research and analysis:
- Understanding and identifying analysis to address key project objectives and initial hypotheses
- Gathering and analyzing relevant data from a variety of sources, including company reports, the internet, online databases and JPMorgan proprietary content to enable industry & company analysis
- Building detailed financial industry / company models, reports, graphs and datasets
Storyboarding and communication:
- Creating clear and effective storylines to draw out insights from analyses and recommendations
- Structure and create impactful written content for internal presentations (slides, text, tables, charts)
- Communicate key arguments and insights effectively in verbal and written format with key stakeholders
- Proactively collaborate with analysts / other experts and senior management stakeholders
- Contribute to and eventually lead on a range of interviews, group and senior level discussions
- Develop deep industry, technology, regulatory & company knowledge across multiple sectors
- Create global framework to track trends across emerging industries and areas of private capital investment (VC and Private Equity) and leverage to deliver ongoing insights
- Keen interest in financial markets and strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong quantitative skills, analytical aptitude and ability to learn new financial, industry & tech concepts
- Strong knowledge of excel, use of internet, standard MSOffice suite and market databases like Bloomberg
- Self-starter with excellent communication, presentation and team skills
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards and deliver to tight deadlines
- A strong motivation to learn and manage projects independently
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and some experience in programming languages like Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience working in Equity Research, Consulting, Investment Banking or Private Equity/VC
- Post graduate or MBA with excellent academic background
- Prior experience working with senior stakeholders is preferred