Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:2571 Applications:626 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
JP Morgan - Analyst - Sales & Structuring - Global Markets Group (0-2 yrs)
Analyst - Sales & Structuring - Global Markets Group
Global Markets in CIB R&A : Sales & Structuring Support
- J.P. Morgan's Markets Group (part of CIB Research & Analytics) in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm's global markets teams around the world.
- The groups under CIB R&A provide in-depth knowledge that is behind our Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Deeply integrated with our Investment Banking business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insight.
- Markets Group is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. The teams under this umbrella work closely with the sales teams spread across various regions across the globe.
- Their key responsibilities include financial analysis and preparing derivative product pitches, pricing, market updates and research. The team works for various assets classes including Interest Rates, FX, Equities and Credit.
- The current position in the Markets Group is in the APAC Cross-Asset (focusing on FICC) sales and structuring businesses and aims to provide support to all local market sales teams while working closely with HK Structuring team.
- The team is based out of L&T office of J.P. Morgan in Powai, Mumbai.
Key Responsibilities :
Basic sales/Structuring support -
- Liaise with the sales and structuring teams and support them in client analysis and monitoring, providing information to the teams on their clients; preparing sales pitches etc.
Market Monitoring -
- Compile periodic reports on key developments in the economy, interest rate and currency markets and providing customized market outlook based on internal market research reports.
Deal documentation :
- Prepare Term sheets, confirmations, and internal risk policy / committee papers for the different products like FX, Rates and Credit
Product Pricing : Devise and provide pricing on derivative structures using internal pricing models as per the client requirements.
Idea analysis and generation :
- Working with the Structuring/Sales desks on various flow and tailor made structuring requests, building models in excel, back-testing of strategies, reconciling back-tests prepared in parallel. Expected to take up initiatives to come up with product ideas based on market research and analysis.
Skill Set :
- Written competency and spoken language fluency in English
- Keen interest in financial markets (Derivatives and Macro markets)
- Strong quantitative skills
- Analytical aptitude and ability to learn financial concepts
- Good knowledge of Excel, use of internet and standard Office suite
- VBA and any programming language knowledge can be an advantage
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
- Ideal candidates for these positions would be graduates/post-graduates with good academic records from esteemed universities with some exposure to finance and/or derivatives.
- J.P. Morgan's Markets Group provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the CIB R&A and in the Firm's global network.