Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:3578 Applications:1194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
JP Morgan - Analyst - CIB Research & Analytics - Global Markets Group (1-2 yrs)
CIB Research & Analytics :
- J.P. Morgan's Markets Group (part of CIB Research & Analytics) in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm's global markets teams around the world. The groups under CIB R&A provide in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Markets Group is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies.
- The teams under this umbrella work closely with the trading, sales and structuring teams spread across various regions across the globe. The key responsibilities of the team include back testing and analysis of new proprietary strategies, market research, pricing, generating product rationale, making marketing material and legal documents etc. The class of products includes Equities/Rates/FX/Alternatives/Commodities.
Key Responsibilities :
- J.P. Morgan is one of the leading providers of investable indices to its clients. Candidates would play a key role in ideating, implementing and improvising new product strategies, building models in excel, back-testing of strategies using python, reconciling back-tests prepared in parallel.
- Devise and provide pricing on derivative product structures using internal pricing models and help with post trade process like instrument creations, assist with booking, term sheet preparation.
- Analyzing the research reports from various sources and generating trade ideas around those outlooks.
- Combining the product knowledge with the market research and generating pitch books / factsheets which highlight why a particular product is suited for the current environment.
- Compile periodic reports on key developments in the economy, interest rate and currency markets and providing customized market outlook based on internal market research reports.
Overall, the candidate will need to work closely with trading and sales teams in Asia-Pacific and/or London and/or New York and will need to be proactive to improve desk efficiencies, access and learn J. P. Morgan's highly sophisticated solutions. The premise of the work is to come up with ideas for identifying and using latent market opportunities to cater to needs of clients and customize the risk return profile as per their needs.
Essential Skills :
- Working Knowledge of MS Excel and object oriented programming language (preferably Python)
- Basic knowledge of derivatives - indices, futures and options
- Basic knowledge of Equities, FX, Rates and Commodities
- Advanced user of MS Office suite, including Word and PowerPoint
- Close attention to detail and ability to work at very high standards of precision
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- VBA and any programming language knowledge can be an advantage
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
Join Us :
At J.P. Morgan, we- re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you're passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we're looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.