Recruiter at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Views:7503 Applications:826 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
JP Morgan - Analyst - Centralized Research Group - Shareholder Defence Activism (0-2 yrs)
Analyst - Centralized Research Group - Shareholder Defence Activism role
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of
- $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About the Centralized Research Group :
The Centralized Research Group (CRG) is a part of JPMorgan Investment Banking business.
We work closely with the firm's Investment Banking teams across the globe in preparing pitch books & marketing materials that the senior client bankers take to their clients during meetings. These books can relate to mergers &acquisitions, equity capital raising or debt capital raising.
Shareholder Activism Defense:
J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations including advising clients on how to prepare for and respond to shareholder activism. The Shareholder Activism Defense business is a critical component of the firm's globally integrated investment banking model.
The Analyst Role:
A successful candidate will provide value-add analysis and research as part of J.P. Morgan's shareholder activism defense team. In this role, the candidate will create client presentations regarding hostile activity, shareholder activism and corporate governance. The candidate will work in a team environment within J.P. Morgan's shareholder activism defense practice.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Create, maintain and review complex materials and analyses relating to shareholder activism and corporate governance, including but not limited to analyses on shareholder activist hedge funds, individual shareholder activists, annual meeting procedures including proxy contests, and corporate vulnerability to shareholder activism including structural vulnerabilities in a company's charter and bylaws.
- Work independently, producing high quality deliverables internally and externally, such as defense pipeline tracking, internal weekly, monthly and quarterly activism landscape updates, pitch decks, investor presentations, Board materials and other presentation materials for use in shareholder activism defense engagements or strategic client dialog
- Possess and acquire superior market knowledge relating to developments in domestic and international shareholder activism, governance best practices, proxy advisory firms, and be able to clearly articulate this knowledge to internal and external parties
Essential skills / qualifications
- MBA from top Tier school/ or professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance
- Excellent academic record
- Awareness of Investment banking solutions and services is a plus
- Experience in law firm, proxy advisor, management consulting, corporate governance related firm, investment banking or a corporate finance related role.
- Experience in research, shareholder activism, law or corporate governance is highly preferred, but will consider candidates on a case-by-case basis
- Prior experience with Shark Repellent, Activist Insight, and Proxy Insight preferred
- Knowledge of analyzing company financials /financial modeling in excel
- Close attention to detail and ability to deliver output of a very high standard
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality under pressure
- Strong analytical bend of mind and expert handling of excel
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.