Associate at J.P. Morgan
Views:8589 Applications:1318 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:194
JP Morgan - Analyst - Business Management - CTC Risk Team (0-3 yrs)
CTC Risk is an independent risk function overseeing the firms Asset and Liability Management function as carried out by Treasury and CIO, specifically managing firmwide Structural Interest Rate, Liquidity and Capital Risk. CTC Risk also oversees the risk of the portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office (CIO), Treasury and Corporate (CTC) businesses (Firmwide Retirement Plans, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firmwide CRO and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk, Structural Interest Rate Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire a risk professional to join its Business Management function and be the point person for administration and Business Management support in Mumbai. This individual will participate in Business Management related matters which focuses on driving the Risk team's agenda in support of CIO, Treasury and other Corporate. The position offers opportunities to gain visibility into various risk functions, risk metrics and processes as well as the opportunity to understand both the CTC business and Firmwide initiatives.
Key responsibilities for the role:
Support the Global Business Management function by:
- Project managing key initiatives as appropriate such as Global Resiliency, User Tool remediation, model confirmation and optimization of CTC Risk's control environment, etc.
- Project managing the Office of Legal Obligations process for all LOBs within CTC Risk
- Maintain the CTC Risk intranet site ensuring information is up to date, accurate and optimized by the team
- Maintain the CTC Risk SharePoint site ensuring compliant user access and record retention maintenance
- Support the Global Intern and Analyst program as the single point of contact for CTC Risk
Administration support for the team in Mumbai:
- Raise system access through various request based tools
- Mail group maintenance
- Inventory management - paper, cartridge and stationery supplies
- Call Tree results co-ordination
- Maintain org charts and update them regularly
- Transport roster and meal co-ordination for the department
- Provide support for visiting executives / senior managers.
- Co-ordinate domestic and international travel for employees travelling from India and vice versa
- Provide accruals for expenses to Finance
- Track consultants and process their payments
- Expense administration and accounts payable
- Real Estate management - manage/coordinate floor move/access; maintain the floor plan, etc.
- Provision of technology hardware, applications and market data. Responsible for raising technology related request for the business area via JP Morgan system.
Skillset / Experience:
- Experience in financial services
- Business Management, Finance and/or Risk experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to manage upwards
- Excellent team player and willing to roll up sleeves on all tasks
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior level staff
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter able to prioritize key tasks effectively
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment