HR at Johnson & Johnson
Views:250 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Johnson & Johnson - Senior Legal Counsel - Medical Devices - LLB/LLM (8-12 yrs)
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics, vision and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care- working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
Job Description :
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an on-site Senior Counsel reporting to the Senior Legal Director (Head of Legal) at Medical Devices India.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to the Medical Devices operation of Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (JJMI) ; particularly, Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision India Private Limited (JJSV).
- Provide independent legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to the Franchise leaders and be part of the leadership team of JJSV.
- Work with the country lead counsel to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
- Exercise communications and other skills in order to be able to positively influence the leadership team and management of JJSV to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant success of operations.
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations of JJSV including any relevant industry codes.
- If instructed by the country lead counsel, support the country lead counsel and/other lawyers in the Law Department in other regions for business development initiatives (e.g. M&A and licensing transactions) including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentations.
- Engage and manage outside counsel (including seconded counsels, if applicable) including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and setting ground rules for the operations on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
- Manage all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business operations assigned by the country lead counsel.
- Provide legal input and guidance to the employees of JJMI and other J&J group entities on all J&J policies and procedures including the Code of Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Corporate Integrity Agreements, and the Health Care Compliance and Health Care Business Integrity Guide. This includes advising employees on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, and creating with the country lead counsel appropriate training for employees on such policies.
- Proactively partner and work with other Johnson & Johnson lawyers in the country (other sectors) /region/global to drive local alignment with country (cross-sector), regional and global legal best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Advise operations on its copy clearance of materials and internet-related activities;
Education : LL.B. or LL.M. from a reputed university/law school in India.
Experience and Skills :
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 8-12 years PQE
- Experience working in multi-national corporations (ideally with experience doing legal work in the health care industry) is preferable, but not a prerequisite.
- Broad corporate experience, ideally advising senior leaders of business units or functions is favorable.
Other Requirements :
- Ability to go beyond law and ethics to live Our Credo - the business foundation of J&J over the last 70 years, and to incorporate Our Credo in making appropriate decisions.
- Comfortable and willing to work as part of a team, and open to different roles and responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within the client organizations.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of a complex matrix organization and capability to accept sudden changes.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national company and cross-border environment.
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction from various stakeholders.
- Client Oriented - ability to proactively connect and engage with operations to find practical or innovative solutions (including alternative solutions, if applicable) and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
- Judgment capability, good consultative skills, and structural thinking.
- Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to lead by example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location : India-Maharashtra-Greater Mumbai-
Organization : Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
Job Function : Legal
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL. Please apply there as well.