Talent Acquisition at Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd
Views:2274 Applications:596 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Johnson & Johnson - Senior Lead Buyer (10-15 yrs)
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Our Consumer Business touches a billion lives around the world and works with the vision of 'Bringing science to the art of healthy living'. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through businesses spanning baby care, women's health, beauty, oral & wound care and over-the-counter-products which are endorsed by healthcare professionals around the world. In India, the company touches the lives of consumers through Baby Care, Women's Health, Beauty, Oral & Wound Care and OTC. Some of our key brands include Johnson's- Baby, Stayfree-, Clean & Clear-, Band-Aid-, Listerine-, ORSL and Benadryl- .
Johnson & Johnson Pvt Ltd is recruiting for a Sr Lead Buyer, located in Mumbai.
- Buyer manages all sourcing activities associated with the regional tactical spend and delegated spend in the region.
- He / She is responsible in procuring supplies and services within the scope of business policies and procedures at the best negotiated terms for price, quality and delivery to support the business operations. Researches possible sources/suppliers for requested items, provide alternatives or substitutions when applicable.
- The person is responsible for delivering cost savings, buying and payment channel compliance and supplier optimization. All communication with suppliers and negotiations are managed by the Buyer. Buyer is also responsible for all Regional Market knowledge for various categories within Marketing and Business Services families.
Spend, Supplier and Stakeholder Management
- Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing and commercial terms negotiations, and contracting in coordination with the Contracting Team
- Assess change needs, impact, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
- Manage the purchase order process, including reviewing the purchase requisition, identifying suppliers (Local / Overseas) to be invited to participate in the request for proposal who are able to meet the requirements of the business end-users, advising on alternative sources of supply, selecting suppliers that provide the best / optimal benefits to the business, communicating award decisions to suppliers, verifying budget alignment, and confirming delivery / fulfillment of orders
- Perform supplier negotiations and ensure supplier performance in terms of service, quality and delivery
- Execute sourcing events, evaluate results, communicate with suppliers on results, interface with contracting and business end-users on sourcing results and recommended purchase option based on relevant business KPIs, interface with the contracting COE to develop the contracts, and enable updates in e-marketplace systems
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries, disputes, and payment discrepancies.
Local/ Spot Buy for low value spend
- Perform one-off exception purchases for low value spend, negotiate final pricing terms, and select suppliers based on singular demand
- Manage spot-buy activities from requestors, direct along appropriate channels, and resolve any inquiries and disputes
- Perform data analytics, forecast demand, and identify baselines for purchasing that meet prioritized business requirements
- Analyze and Review Commercial Terms and Conditions for Contract Development
- Determine requirements for contract creation, and leverage purchase order terms and conditions
- Review and recommend contracts and amendments in collaboration with the business end-users and the Contracting Champion
Market Intelligence Management
- Review market trend analysis and advise business end users on alternative actions / buying options to offset potential issues.
- Prioritize and validate potential strategic options for designated spend in-scope, i.,e. low value spend across the region, determine the benefits for these options, and measure the performance against established KPI benchmarks
- Assist in the development of the longterm procurement vision for designated spend in-scope within the regional Sourcing Services operations
- Ensure that buying activities are aligned to industry standards and meet regulatory requirements Assure that buying activities are aligned to industry standards and meet regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Engineering is preferred. Finance, Accounting, Logistics, or Business related courses is required
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience within the direct / supply chain or indirect procurement space. A minimum of 2 years sourcing / category management experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, problem solving, sound judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Ability to lead high performing teams
- Procurement Management certification, i.e., CPM or ISM or master-level studies is preferred
- Skills and knowledge gained from previous experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Supplier Management
- High frequency tactical buying
- Experience in working with multi-national companies with diverse culture is preferred
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well